June was so good to me. It was busy and a little overwhelming and stressful, but what month isn’t?
- We found out this baby is a BOY! I always said I was fine with a boy or girl, but after we saw that he was a boy I felt so relieved I guess? I think I secretly hoped it was a boy. A brother for H sounds so exciting and fun and I really can’t wait to watch these two grow up together.
- Wild Man had his birthday and we had his annual big pool party at my parents which was a blast. The weather was great, the company was lovely and I always love when people celebrate Wild Man because he really is one of the best, most selfless, friendly people that deserves love and attention.
- We got a puppy! She’s a black lab that is keeping us busy and also driving us a little bit crazy, but we have high hopes for her and are excited that we finally got our family pet!
- H has his molars and it has opened up a whole new world for us. I trust him so much more with food that scared me to give him a month ago and he is loving not having to chew with his front teeth anymore.
- We started up Mom and Baby Swim Parties again for the summer! This is where a bunch of my friends and their babies come to my parents pool. We swim, eat snacks. socialize (and in last weeks case get crazy sunburned) and its really fun and something I really look forward to. The kids have fun but I think its especially great for the moms.
- I’ve been feeling quite a bit more healthy this month! I’m still sick and throwing up, but I feel like its a lot more manageable and I’ve got some more of my energy back so I’m acting a little more human and its incredible.
- H has figured out the beauty of sleeping in. I’m not sure if I’ve ever been more proud of my boy.
- My grandparents from Idaho came down for a quick visit and we had a little reunion/surprise birthday party for my grandpa at my parents pool and it was so much fun. It lasted all day and every second was so enjoyable.
- H got his first haircut. If it even counts as a haircut. He just had a few spots that grow a lot quicker than other spots, but it made such a big difference and he was SO good during the process!
- H had his first wake-up-covered-in-his-own-poop experience. I’ll spare you details. Just know it was gross and I’d really be ok if we wait a long time before that happens again.
- We got a puppy! I mean, its not bad that we got a puppy but its just…hard. She bites everything all. the. time. And her favorite thing to bite is H – NOT ok! She’s actually caught on to potty training, sleeping in her crate and doesn’t bark very often so thats really nice. But ohhhhhhh the biting. Also sometimes I wonder why I thought it’d be so easy to take on a one year old, a puppy and be pregnant.
- My sciatic pain and hip and back pain have suddenly gone from bad to worse. I hobble like a little old lady and the shooting pain that I get is so terrible. I went to the chiropractor and thankfully had a few days of sweet relief. I can’t wait to go back.
ON MY BRAIN
- I am so glad that I have clients that come to my spa that recognize that I’m a mom and a sick pregnant lady so when I have to reschedule they are so understanding and patient with me. I try not to do it often, but when I do I’ve been met with kindness 99.9% of the time and I’m so thankful for this. People are good.
- I recently found a girl I kind of knew growing up on social media and started following her and then had to stop very soon after. She was so awful and it made me sad. Nearly everything on her social media pages were her bashing on women for their success, claiming they didn’t do anything to deserve it, dragging them down because of their looks and stuff like that. I don’t actually want to get it on it because it kind of infuriates me but it just made me sad! I so wish people could just be happy for other people! Can you even imagine how much kinder the world would be if we were happy for people and their success? If someone is doing what makes them happy we should respect that and be happy for them – not tear them down.
- A few days ago H had my phone and someone sent my Relief Society President the emoji of a hand flipping the bird. Luckily she thought it was a pointer finger – but I can’t quit thinking about how awkward that was.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout has still not been ridden by me in California Adventure and this is a tragedy. I think about this multiple times a day.
- What did I wear last time I was pregnant because I hate everything I put on my body right now. I need a new wardrobe, stat. If you have great maternity clothing suggestions PLEASE send them my way.
- I’m getting a Prenatal Massage soon and all I’m saying is it better live up to my high expectations I have for it. I have been dreaming of this since the day I found out I was pregnant. So no pressure to whoever my massage therapist is.
On Monday I hit 18 weeks pregnant with Baby Boy #2 – and I feel like this pregnancy is going so much faster than it did when I was pregnant with H. I guess it makes sense since H keeps be busy and occupied so I’m not constantly thinking about how November is so far away. There have been a lot of similarities with these two pregnancies and a lot of differences. Every several weeks I’m hoping to pop on here and give some bullet points and updates of how I’m doing, how babies doing, etc. I think someday it will be fun to look back and kind of relive the pregnancy days.
- I am not as sick as I was my first pregnancy! Definitely still sick. Definitely still throwing up a lot and losing weight. But definitely not feeling as miserable as I did the first time around. Again, I credit H for this. He’s an incredible distraction.
- I hurt 100,000x more. Which is a bummer because I hurt pretty bad with H’s pregnancy. The sciatic stuff started way earlier this time around. My bones feel like they are literally locked in certain positions sometimes. My hips, back and thighs are so achey and tight and sore. I already waddle and I limp! I can’ only imagine what 35+ weeks is going to feel/look like.
- Around 16 weeks I started feeling baby. They’re just the soft little flutters right now but they’re progressively getting stronger. Yesterday at church H was sitting on my lap leaning on my stomach and I could actually feel the baby kind of pressing against H. It was really exciting and gave me some major feels about these two being brothers.
- Like last time, my hair and nails are growing like weeds. My hairs also getting thicker. Last time it got like 50 shades darker. I haven’t been able to see a color change yet, but my hair is feeling so thick, healthy and nice. This is a perk to pregnancy!
- I’m finally not as fatigued all the time. Which is good especially since now I have a puppy (more on that later) to work with as well as being mom to my one year old.
- I’ve been better about staying active and exercising with this pregnancy. With H’s I was super gross feeling and losing weight crazily so I wasn’t actually allowed to do much physical activity, but since I haven’t been told to slow it down this time, I am going to do my best to at least not become a complete couch potato.
- No diabetes! I had to test early for Gestational Diabetes since I had it with my last pregnancy and so far its all good news! I will test again later, but for now I am still thoroughly enjoying my sugar and carbs.
Yesterday was my darling husbands birthday! It was such a fun day and was surprisingly relaxing and rejuvenating. Wild Man is truly the greatest man ever. I have never met a more selfless, helpful person. Without fail he is always putting others and their happiness first. He is the first to offer assistance and he genuinely loves helping people and easing their burdens and lightening loads in any way he can – and it makes me so proud of him. He’s incredible. He makes me laugh harder than anyone else can and the happiness he makes me feel is amazing. He reminds me every day that I am special, valued and worth something. He is a phenomenal husband. So many women talk about how their husbands aren’t helpful around the house, how they’re lazy and whatever…but I always feel so lucky because Wild Man really isn’t that way. Especially as I have been sick with this pregnancy, he has been amazing in taking over some housework that I’ve neglected. He does laundry, dishes and knows where everything goes in the house. I don’t know what I did to get such a handy, helpful guy but boy am I lucky! And I can’t go without saying how much I love that he’s fully embraced my Disney lifestyle and has even taken it upon himself and he really does love love love Disney now too! I married an amazing man and I’m so glad that yesterday was a day to celebrate him, his birth and his wonderful existence in the world.
For his birthday we have always had a pool party at my parents pool with his family, my family and close friends. Its one of the things I look forward to the most every year. Last nights pool party was another success!
Two years ago when we announced H’s gender, we did it at Wild Man’s pool party and pulled a boy swimming suit out of a gift bag. So we decided to do the exact same reveal this year since it was ironically working out the very same with timing and everything. Its always so exciting to tell friends and family what our baby is! It makes things feel a lot more real somehow.
ITS A BOY!!!!!!
We are THRILLED to have a little brother in a few more months! I cannot wait to see H and this little guy grow up as best friends. As soon as our ultrasound reveled that he was a boy my heart nearly burst with excitement for us, but especially for H. Oh I love my boys!
Our Memorial Day Weekend was so, so great you guys. As I’m sitting here and looking through pictures and thinking back to how amazing it was my heart is pretty darn full at how special and fun our weekend was. We got to spend a lot of time together just as our family of three and also with Wild Man’s family. Also, life was a little extra special because for whatever reason I didn’t feel nearly as sick as I have been this weekend!
Wild Man’s brother and his family camped up the canyon and we popped up there to visit and have dinner quite often. It was a lot of fun and H was obsessed with running around with his cousins and throwing rocks and sticks into the creek. We got dirty and stinky and if you ask me, thats the sign of a good time up in the mountains! We also spent a day with Wild Man’s brother and family at our local Reservoir which was awesome. Again, H loved hanging out with his cousins. I thought the water was beyond freezing cold and it was kind of unbearable (maybe I’m just a baby) but H didn’t seem to mind it at all and would wade knee deep with no hesitation. He was also a big fan of playing in the dirt/sand. I am loving this phase of life and watching him be more independent, curious and explore so much. He’s the best.
On Memorial Day the three of us swam at my parents pool just by ourselves for hours and hours. It was so much fun and our day was so special and bonding. We were out at the pool pretty much all day and every second was great. H loves floating by himself (with the assistance of his lifejacket, of course) and going down the slide and just hanging out with his parents.
It was a fun weekend of play, but I also wanted to express my gratitude for the people who have made it so I can have this special time with my family. I am so thankful for the brave people past and present who have fought for my freedoms – some even giving their lives for the betterment of our country. What a great life they have so selflessly created for all of us!
Hope you all had a happy Memorial Day!
I didn’t do an April GBOMB. I started one about 1,000 times but just never stayed motivated enough to finish it or have any amount of pride in what I wrote. But I’m finally starting to figure out how to function while feeling sick all the time and I hopefully won’t be slacking too much more.
- I’m pregnant! It still feels really good to be able to say that so I have an ‘excuse’ to feel/look the way I do. Its also just exciting. I am in my second trimester now and it is this strange feeling of ‘wow that came fast’ and ‘i have been pregnant forever’. I generally hear that your pregnancies go a little faster once you already have a kid because said kid distracts you and keeps you busy. So far I think I agree with this mostly.
- H had his 18 month well-check the other day and he is doing so good and is so healthy. I’m very thankful for my sweet boy. I try really hard not to take for granted the fact that he’s developing perfectly, that he grows healthy and strong every day and that he is a good, smart boy.
- My parents opened their pool (in April, actually) and we have been loving going over and using it a bunch. H is so dang confident in the water. Its both adorable and terrifying. He has a little floaty thing he sits in and he’s usually content to sit and float, splash, enjoy the scenery and some toys, but sometimes he gets brave and tries to climb out. Of course this always happens when we are in the deep end too. He’s a brave one – and thats rough when your mom is a professional worrier.
- I broke out my maternity clothes. I know I don’t need to wear them yet, but gosh they’re just so much more comfortable! I remember after having H saying that I planned on wearing maternity clothes for long after I had him and my body back. If we’re being honest, I feel like I stopped wearing them too quickly.
- Sciatic pain, back spasms and hip aches are here in FULL force. I feel like this is early. Maybe its not, I don’t know. But one thing for sure is that it kills and I am being cruelly reminded of my embarrassingly low pain tolerance.
- We haven’t even been home from Disneyland a full month yet but I have been fighting a real case of the Disney Blues. I miss that wonderful, magical place.
- Ok this is kind of embarrassing, but a week ago I got quite a bit of syrup in my hair and for the life of me I cannot get it all the way out! So I have this permanent little sticky, tangle in my hair thats driving me crazy. I’ve washed it, I’ve washed it again. I have used a few different products in my hair and though its getting better, its still not gone. So annoying.
- I went to a mommy/baby playdate this month and I ended up being so discouraged by it. It felt like a place where moms met together to let their children run wild while they hardcore bashed on their husbands. I felt so surrounded by grouchy, unhappy, negative people and it was so unpleasant. Thankfully H had a great time running around with the other little kids, but I kind of hated being there. They’d complain about their husbands then look at me like they were waiting for me to bash on my husband. Maybe most peoples marriages are really crappy, I don’t know. But I’m in a happy marriage and don’t actually enjoy complaining about Wild Man and freely talking about his faults. Thankfully H had a blowout and I didn’t have wipes so we merrily made our way back home early. Can’t we just hang out as moms and have fun? I’m all for venting sessions – those are great and necessary from time to time – but this was just too much.
ON MY BRAIN
- I’m in this weird place where I want time to fly but also slow way down. November is on my brain a lot because thats when this baby is due, but its also the month that H turns two. I’m in denial that he’ll be a two year old and it makes me emotional. I would love for him to stay small forever, but I know thats obviously not going to happen. Then theres also the impatient part of me that wants November to get here quick so I can smooch on this new one! Thoughts are weird.
- On the 27th Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: BREAKOUT in California Adventure and Pandora – The World of Avatar in Disney World’s, Animal Kingdom opened. Of course I’m bummed I’m not there for the debut of either of them, but I have spent a large portion of my time on social media living vicariously through the people who are there and really enjoying it.
- I haven’t colored my hair since a few months before H was born. I decided to embrace my natural color and let it grow out. My original plan was to not color it again until I started going grey. Well wouldn’t you know it, I’m now itching to color it again. I probably won’t. But also maybe I will. I like changing it up, I just really hate having to fill in my roots so often (I have very fast growing hair).
See this picture? This (high quality) photograph is a pretty perfect depiction of my life since March.
My morning sickness started kicking in pretty intensely at about 5 weeks for me and if I remember correctly, thats about when it came in when I was pregnant with H as well. I really don’t like complaining about pregnancy stuff because I know there are some women out there who would give up everything to feel the way I feel. I was an only child for 8 years and watched my mom wish for another baby. I have friends who had to wait a really long time to get their baby and some who are still waiting. I totally understand how lucky I am to be pregnant with my second child right now. I don’t take this experience for granted and although I do complain occasionally, I hope its not mistaken as me not being happy about growing a baby or being able to physically grow a child.
But sometimes it feels good to complain a little, am I right? I’ve been losing weight, I throw up several times a day, I live in constant fear that I’ll be diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes again, I have no energy or motivation, I’m so dang tired and I just don’t feel like myself yet. I remember there came a time during my pregnancy with H sometime during my second trimester that I eventually figured out how to force myself to be productive and be a functioning human being again and I’m really hoping now that I’m in my second trimester I can figure that out again, soon.
I’m so grateful for my husband and for the patience he has had. He went from having a good wife who did all the housewife jazz to a wife who lays on the couch and forgets grocery shopping and meal planning all together most weeks. He has been the dish-doer, the laundry guy and the person who straightens up our house and he hasn’t complained or made me feel bad or guilty about it once. I mean, I still do feel guilty about it, but its just because of my own thoughts. I married a real good man and I hope he knows that I’ll be back at my wife duties soon (fingers crossed)!
I also have to talk about what an angel H has been. His mom is BORING right now you guys. I can’t tell you how guilty I feel about this subject. H is a wiggly, active, energetic little boy who just wants to play and to be played with. Yet his mom is usually gross on the couch and is turning on yet another Disney movie for him. But he has rolled with this change so effortlessly and so easily and I couldn’t be more thankful for it. He plays happily by himself on the floor but still makes sure to crawl up on the couch with me from time to time to cuddle and give kisses. He’s been a dream boy through this. Lately I have been able to get down and play with him a little more often and I hope it just keeps getting better because you can just tell how much he loves it! But I’m also really glad that he knows how to play alone and self-entertain when he needs to. I have an amazing little boy.
So anyway. Life is weird right now. I’m lazy and sick and tired and gross. But I’m really grateful that I get to have another sweet baby and that our family is going to grow. Every second, no matter how barfy, is worth it in the end.
And I end this post with a picture of my family this past Sunday – a rare occasion when I actually got ready.
I’m a Master Esthetician and I own my own spa that is in my basement. It keeps me busy and I really love that its my job. The thing I do the very most is eyelash extensions and doing them is really fun because for a few hours I get to chat with my cute clients/friends. Its really awesome to talk to these great ladies and socialize, laugh, vent and all that great stuff. A few days ago I had a client who doesn’t have kids yet and she was asking me lots of questions about how I like being a mom. I kind of got the idea that she’s not in any rush to have children because a lot of her questions basically ended with her saying, “it seems so hard” “it seems messy” “it seems like so much work” “it sounds like you never have time for yourself” and so on. And thats just fine! Everyone has their own opinion and they know themselves best so I’m totally not bashing on that. I like being really honest about motherhood. I don’t sugarcoat stuff because I feel like real life needs to be more regular instead of all this i-have-a-perfect-life stuff. I just have my little 18 month H right now (and the baby I’m currently cookin’) and yeah, life with him is busy and messy and sticky and poopy. It comes with the age! It comes with the fact that I wanted to be a mom! Sometimes, yes, it does make me want to cry and pull my hair out – like when I leave the room for less than a minute and walk into my kitchen to find him drawing on the tile floor with a permanent marker…
…but its also the best thing I could ever do. The rumors are true. Life changes BIG time when you add a child to your life. Priorities change drastically. You find that you focus less on yourself and more on this little person who is in need of another diaper change. Your house gets a little messier and your walls/cupboards/everything gets stickier. You’ll sleep less, worry more and feel completely clueless but also all-knowing. It changes you in ways you could never prepare for and no one could ever accurately depict to you. But if you want my opinion, its honestly the greatest thing EVER. I knew I wanted to be a mom since – well forever. I was always (still am) the girl who wants to hold all the babies and when I’m not pregnant I long for the days that I am again (yes, even with how sick I get). But even with how excited I was to be a mom and how much I knew I’d love it, its still surprised me with just how incredible it is. Nothing compares. Nothing, to me, is more fulfilling.
I love being a mother. I understand that it isn’t for everyone, but it is absolutely for me. My hairs never been dirtier, my clothes have never been messier and the bags under my eyes have never looked scarier, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I love my sweet little guy. He’s my best friend and the cutest little partner. I am so excited to meet our new baby and to get to know it so closely and carefully. I’m eager for our future children. And hey, I’m even super excited for my grandkids! Kids are just the best and being a mom is the greatest. Its the freaking BEST.