If you know me you know this: I am a Disney person. I’m a super fan and a massive enthusiast. Disney is my jam and I’m crazily passionate about the happiest place on earth. I have been this way my entire life and this is thanks to my gem of a mother who raised me/brainwashed me to LOVE and ADORE all things Disney. Disney is life for me and my family. My mom grew up in a Disney-loving family and she took it to the next level with thoroughly obsessing over it. 99% of our family trips are Disney trips, a good majority of my childhood memories were made in the Disney parks, we talk about Disney every day and we turn into giddy, happy, magic-seeking humans when it comes to the subject. This is much of the reason why I’ve decided to start Magical Monday. Every Monday (hopefully) I’m going be posting something Disney. I posted my first Magical Monday post last week. I don’t know if anyone will be interested in these posts or not, but like I’ve said, Disney is important to me and this, my blog, is a place where I want to share the things important and special to me. The things that make me happy. So without further ado…
MAGICAL MONDAY: TREATS AND SNACKS
I have an enormous sweet tooth and am a notorious snacker, so naturally I couldn’t go long too long in this series without mentioning my favorite treats and snacks of Disneyland, California Adventure and Downtown Disney. These are all just my opinions – yours could greatly differ – if they do, tell me what you love! Maybe I haven’t tried it yet and need to.
- Dole Whip (found in Adventureland in Disneyland) This is my number one favorite treat in all Disney. You get these at Tiki Room in Adventureland. The line is usually very long for these – because they are that good – but here is a little tip, if you go inside the waiting area for Tiki Room the line is much shorter. Then you can go watch Tiki Room while enjoying your delicious treat! Total win.
- Pommes Frites (found in New Orleans Square in Disneyland) You cannot miss these. They are the most delicious things you’ll ever taste. You find these at the restaurant called, Cafe Orleans, which serves plenty of other great food, but these are totally the best item on the menu. I recommend making a reservation here as there is usually a little bit of a wait.
- Marceline’s Confectionery/Cake Pops (found in Downtown Disney) I can’t really pick a specific treat to highlight from Marceline’s because they’re all so good. However if I had to choose one I would say the Mickey shaped cake pops (i personally love the chocolate but there is also vanilla and red velvet). This place is full of sweets and I’ve never had one I didn’t like. Go try it.
- Ghirardelli Shop (found in California Adventure) Ghirardelli ice cream speaks for itself, so I don’t feel like this treat needs much of an explanation.
- Cozy Cone Motel (found in California Adventure in Cars Land) There are five cones that all serve different snacks/treats. Cone 1 serves churros, Cone 2 serves ice cream, Cone 3 serves Chili Cones, Cone 4 serves pretzels and twists and Cone 5 serves popcorn – all serve drinks and soda. I am obsessed with the Chili Cone Queso. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. The ice cream here is also extra magical. Creamiest ice cream I’ve ever had.
- Beignets (found in New Orleans Square in Disneyland) We love getting Mickey Mouse shaped beignets from the Mint Julep Bar in New Orleans Square. I love the atmosphere in this area and top that with these fresh, hot beignets — its the best. You should also try a Mint Julep for good measure.
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe (found at the end of Main Street in Disneyland) This is much like Marceline’s. There are always a variety of delicious treats here (the picture at the top of this post is from Jolly Holiday – the Matterhorn Macaroon). The treats are changing often so there is always something new to try.