This year is going by so fast. I can’t believe its already July! I know its been summer for a few weeks now, but to me July really begins summer. Lots of sunshine, lots of pool time, lots of sunburns (i’m not one of those lucky ones who tan), lots of time spent outdoors, lots of fun.
We are in a busy phase of life so we don’t really have anything big or exciting planned – yet – this month, but I’m sure we’ll find some ways to plug some fun into the month as we go.
This month I’ve set a few new goals of myself:
- We have a few elderly neighbors who I have long adored from afar. They seriously are adorable and I’ve told Wild Man millions of times I want to be their best friends. I think this month is the time to begin these friendships. I want to serve them, visit them, help them where they may need it, etc.
- My house is clean, organized and feels so good – I’m hoping to keep it this way. I’m also going to be a lot better at keeping to my daily cleaning schedule that I’ve really fallen away from in June.
- New recipes. Why does Summer seem like a good time to try out all these new dinner and dessert recipes?
- I haven’t missed a day of reading scriptures in a really long time. But I know I can still do better, so this month I’m going to start really studying the scriptures, not just reading them. I want to get as much out of them as possible.
- Heres a fun fact: I can’t swim. Well, I guess I sort of can now. I’ve been taking lessons (from my husband, mom and sisters) and I’m getting better! I’m going to perfect it this month.
- I need to eat healthier and exercise more. Just like every other month of my life. Maybe this will be the month that I finally have enough self control to master this. Maybe.
I hope you have a safe, fun July!!