Um. Its August already? Are you kidding me? I know I say it every month but TIME GOES BY SO FAST! This morning I had the realization that H will be one-year old in three more months and I may or may not have had an emotional moment. Seriously, time. Holy cow.
I’m not going to lie. August has never been one of my favorite months but I’m completely convinced that having a child makes everything (even hot hot hot months) better so I’m planning on this being a good month.
We don’t have any real plans this month but we are good at making the little moments pretty awesome. As usual, I have a few goals for this month. I find I’m usually 50/50 with actually achieving these goals – so my first goal is to accomplish more that 50% of these goals. The rest are:
- I want to make sure my little family is better at weekly FHE. I know H is only 8 months old, but I’m sure he is taking in a lot more than we usually think he is. He is watching us and learning from us. I want him to know family time and the Gospel are important in this family and we value both those things.
- I’m gong to run. Ugh. I hate myself for saying this. Wild Man was cute and got me new tires for my jogging stroller (that desperately needed those tires) and I want to do something about it. Ick. I hate running. But I’m going to give it a shot.
- I’m going to continue a goal from July and keep working on my swimming. You guys I’m improving!!
- When I see people I’m going to think at least one positive thing about them. I have been paying attention to myself and realized I’m way too quick to judge people. So I’m fixing that this month.
- This one is a maybe. But I used to play guitar. I think I want to try this ‘talent’ out again.
Have a happy August, my friends!