Raise your hand if you’re not in a Disney Park and your heart is a little broken because you want, no NEED, to be in one? Same, my friend, same. Even though we vacation to Disney quite frequently, that does not make the time away any easier. So I have created a helpful guide for you..
HOW TO COPE WITH NOT BEING IN A DISNEY PARK
- Look at your Disney pictures. The ones your parents took of you in front of the castle when you were 1 to the ones you took on your latest visit. Look at all of them and feel all the emotions. Cry, laugh, reminisce, but ultimately hang your head and allow yourself to feel some sorrow for you are not in a Disney Park.
- YouTube all the Disney things. My personal favorite things to YouTube are: Fantasmic (Disneyland’s especially), most Disney parades but I’m particularly fond of the Paint the Night and Soundsational currently. Watch peoples Vlogs from the park. Close out of the app with a pit in your stomach because you’re still not there.
- Wear your Disney apparel. It doesn’t matter if its a shirt with Mickey Mouse on it, socks with the castle, sweat pants with DISNEYLAND going down the leg or maybe its even your favorite pair of ears – wear them. Also encourage your family to do the same. Dress your baby in all his/her Disney clothes. Inform your spouse how much you’d love if they followed suit. Then, feel a little more magical in your outfit, lay on the floor and wish you were wearing this particular item in the Park instead of on your floor.
- Hang up another Disney picture somewhere in your house. You know, if there is room. Because if you can’t be there its only natural to have every nook and cranny in your home remind you of the place you longed to be. Then stare at those pictures and text your spouse about when your next trip will be – because you aren’t there and you need to be, pronto.
- Change your wallpaper on your phone to a Disney Park picture. Or, if you’re like me, switch from one Disney Park picture to another.. My go-to is my sweet baby H in front of the castle with his ears on. That way each time you look at your phone you will be once again brutally reminded that you aren’t there and its a crime.
- Listen to all the Disney Park music 24/7. It is crucial to your happiness/misery that you never have a moment without the magical melody of a Disney tune playing in your ear. Close your eyes and imagine you’re there. Think of your beautiful memories from The Happiest Place on Earth. Feel the joy swell in your heart. Then open your eyes. Shoot, you aren’t there. But instead of getting too sad – plan your next trip. Because come on, you know you need to go.
- Lastly, cry. Because lets me honest. Its kind of impossible to cope with not being in Disney and sometimes crying can solve a problem or two — and it feels good.
Now lets all go to Disney! Deal?