*just a fair warning, there will be plenty of mush and cheesiness in this post because thats who i am and its our anniversary
Four years ago today Wild Man and I were married, sealed for time and alllllllll eternity in the Mount Timpanogos Temple. I still feel like the luckiest girl in the whole world because I am married to my best friend, my confidant, my number one fan, my solace, my rock, my comfort, my partner in crime and my go-to funny guy.
When I met/saw Wild Man for the first time I kid you not it was love at first site. (it does exist, people!) That is so dorky, but its real. You guys I saw him and thought to myself, ‘I’m going to marry him’ and I found out later that when I first told my mom about him she knew he was the one I’d marry (moms are so cool). It was simply meant to be and I don’t care how silly that sounds. I just knew.
I can honestly say that for the past five years (a year of dating – four years of marriage) that I have laughed hard and smiled big every single day because of my husband. He makes me so happy, he sets my heart at ease and he helps me see the world in a different, positive and optimistic light. He is the greatest of the great and I really do feel like I hit the jackpot in the husband department.
In an attempt to stop weirdly gushing about him, here are some random facts about us/our marriage:
- Our first date was November 4, 2011
- We were married November 1, 2012
- Our families live five houses away from each other. I always knew of him but never paid attention to him until I joined the singles ward
- Speaking of Singles Ward – that is the first place I really looked at him and that is where my obsession with him began
- I was first attracted to his shaggy hair and long, veiny arms
- Our first real conversation was at his brothers wedding reception and it was about french toast (ah, the romance)
- I told him ‘I love you’ first
- On our first date we went to Nickel City (i think thats what its called) and one of the prizes we won was this little thin red fish that supposedly told you your mood when you held it on your open palm. I tried it first and it immediately curled up into a tight spiral – which apparently meant I was in love. Thats cute now but it was SO AWKWARD in the moment
- We have lived in three houses – 1 basement, one town home, and now our own home
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY buddy! I love being married to you! I love you!