Being a mother and a wife is such a special, sacred calling. I feel like I have this incredible responsibility to make sure my husband and children are happy, loved and nurtured. A reoccurring job wives and mothers often hear they need to implement in their home is assuring that it is a place where love is felt and the spirit is strong, making it a sanctuary and a place of refuge. This thought is quite daunting, but I also feel so honored to have this task placed upon me. I want my husband to come home from work and my children to come home from school or play and feel the spirit in our home and I want them to know how loved and cherished they are. As I have been thinking about this lately I have been setting some goals for myself on ways to make sure our home is full of love and full of the spirit.
- Say morning prayers, evening prayers and lots of prayers in between – blessing the food, prayer for others, family prayer, etc
- Make sure the scriptures are read daily by everyone in the home
- Keep the house clean, organized, bright and happy
- I love the quote, “there should be no yelling in the home unless there is a fire” – I want to be a wife and mother who doesn’t yell and who is still able to keep order without raising my voice
- We will hold weekly Family Home Evening
- We will treat all our family members as equals
- I can pray as a mother and ask that our home be blessed with the spirit and with love
These are just a few simple things, but I truly believe that as we really make sure to hold ourselves to these goals that our home will be a place of love, happiness and most importantly, a place where the spirit dwells.