March has been a breath of fresh air. Oh, glorious March. Yes, there has still been a lot of weird, hard stuff but somehow this month I’ve been much better at clearing my head, calming myself down, embracing the moment (not trying to change it) and trusting that everything happens for a reason that will benefit me. Is it sad that sometimes I forget that I get to choose my attitude and my attitude decides how my day will go 99% of the time? Anyway, lets get on with this. (once again, thanks Danica for encouraging people to do GBOMB – its been the best thing for me)
- We have spent so much time outside this month because this weather is incredible. Its funny because I’ve always loved the cold months and bundling up and staying inside where its warm and cozy, but since having a child who adores going outside, I have realized that I got a little bit of the winter blues this year. I was so, so ready for warm weather so H and I could play outside and get a change of scenery. Our favorite thing has been to go to nearby parks and spend a few hours. H just explores, touches everything, gets real dirty and lets his curiosity run wild and I happily follow along and really wish I was able to know what he was thinking.
- H isn’t teething nearly as badly anymore so we have a much more happy, much more ‘himself’ baby back and we are very glad about this!
- Picnics! I forgot how fun it is to pack a lunch and eat outside. Why is that so magical?
- We went to the zoo a few weeks ago and we’re still on a high from it (or at least I am). I knew H would love seeing all the animals (or, dogs, as he called most of them) but I didn’t know just how much he would. I can’t say enough what a perfect day it turned out to be and I’m so glad Wild Man had the idea to get out of the house and go do something different than we normally do.
- Our cousin had a sweet baby girl in March and we got to meet her before she was even 2 weeks old. There is something so special about a newborn. They are literally fresh from heaven and have the sweetest, most peaceful spirit about them. I held her for quite a while and every second was bliss. If anyone has a newborn they would like me to hold, I will gladly oblige.
- Pirates of the Caribbean celebrated 50 years on March 18th and I was literally heartbroken that I wasn’t in Disneyland to take part in the special events, special food and to go on the ride. I know the line was like 70 years long, but it would have been worth it to me to have been able to ride such a great, iconic Disney ride on its anniversary.
- My motivation to keep my house clean is gone. Where’d it go? Who knows? I clean my house but do so with the worst attitude and battle my thoughts the whole time about things that I’d rather be doing. It also is hard to clean the house though when you practically live outside with your adventure-son. So I don’t feel too guilty because we’re making memories instead.
- Freaking bugs. The weather is getting warmer and bugs have the NERVE to come into my house! Ugh. I hate bugs with all of my heart. There have been so many spiders in my house lately and this is NOT OK!
- Isn’t in so annoying how people want to get all up in your business and find out all your secrets then go spread them? This is very vague I know. Sorry. But lets just say we had something happen and some people have shown their true colors in that there was a long period of time where they wouldn’t leave me alone, asking over and over about the ‘thing’. A few did find out (not through me!) and I’m like 99% sure they went and spread the news. If it doesn’t directly affect you, ITS NOT YOUR BUSINESS TO KNOW OR GOSSIP TO SPREAD.
ON MY BRAIN
- General Conference is SO SOON and I’m freaking out – in a good way. I love General Conference! I feel really ready for it. There aren’t any real specific questions I have going into it yet (i’m hoping to pick 2-3 soon) but I’m so excited to just sit, listen and take notes and hear things that are being said for my benefit. I’m excited to set new goals because of the talks I heard during these sessions. I’m so pumped for that spiritual, exciting, junk food filled weekend.
- Family is so important. And I am so grateful for mine.
- On most Mondays on my blog I post a Magical Monday. Its just a blog post about Disney. Sometimes about the park, sometimes about movies – just something Disney. But I am wanting to up my game in this department. I’m not 100% sure what I’ll be doing to change it up but I have a few ideas up my sleeve and I’m getting excited about it.
- Speaking of change.. I may start a YouTube channel. Or is that a horrible idea? I just think it’ll be a million times easier to talk about my favorite products and such through a video instead of through pictures and typing. I get a lot of questions about favorite face products and skin care I use and make up I like and how to use it so I’m thinking YouTube just may be the answer. Lets just hope I can make videos that aren’t dreadful!
- People are good and are trying to do good for the most part. I hate how its so easy to focus on negative things, negative people, negative actions, etc. But the other day I read a blog post and the girl was talking about how if you mindfully look for good – you will find it and if you mindfully look for bad – there bad will be. This isn’t a mind blowing or earth shattering concept, but it hit me in a different way than it had in the past. So I have been mindfully looking for the good in the world and I love that there is actually a lot more good in the world and surrounding us than there is bad. You just have to look for it. Its refreshing.