Like as soon as I started this post I immediately started feeling anxiety because HOW am I supposed to pick just 10 of my favorite Disney quotes? Its impossible. So you’ll notice that I didn’t include the word ‘favorite’ in the post title. Instead these are ten Disney quotes that I love a whole lot.
1. “Adventure is Out There” (from Up)
- Ok. I know for a fact that this is my #1 favorite Disney quote of all time. This quote was something Wild Man and I said to each other a lot while we were dating, this was the theme of our engagement and its our family motto. I love this quote.
2. “Around here we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” (Walt Disney)
- This is my favorite quote by Walt. Its so inspiring and motivates me to keep on moving in a forward direction. Its one of those you read and immediately feel good. I have this quote hanging in H’s room – I want him to commit this to memory because its that good.
3. “A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.” (Hercules)
- I have never been a big, tough, brave, strong person. But I have always wanted to be some kind of hero but (especially when i was little) I always felt defeated that I wasn’t the strong, outspoken ‘hero’ type. This quote helped me realize I can be a hero through kindness, my acts and through my heart.
4. “No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing the dream that you wish will come true.” (Cinderella)
- This is just inspiring. Keep on believing and have faith your dream will come true. Thanks, Cinderella.
5. “If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.” (Pinnochio)
- Much like the quote above, this is one of those that just makes me feel good in always dreaming and believing. Nothing is too crazy to reach for.
6. “I want adventure in the great wide somewhere.” (Beauty and the Beast)
- I had to include a quote from Belle in this post because she’s my favorite princess and one of my favorite characters in the whole Disney universe. I love this one. Its been something I’ve said to myself a lot too, when I’m just wanting more – to be a little more adventurous and spontaneous. Also, everything Belle says is gold.
7. “I keep wishing it could be that way because my world would be a wonderland.” (Alice in Wonderland)
- Alice is my favorite character and I love this movie so much. I love her imagination because I was always the girl (still am) who gets lost in my own thoughts and have created a little world of my own just like Alice.
8. “Ladies don’t start fights but they can finish them.” (The Aristocats)
- Marie (the kitten who says this) was one of my childhood favorite characters and I still have a real soft spot for her. I love this quote. Its fiesty and tough. Don’t underestimate a girl.
9. “How do you spell love?” “You don’t spell it, you feel it.” (Winnie the Pooh)
- Because love is so much more than a word and I am always and forever a hopeless romantic.
10. “To all who come to this happy place, welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” (Walt Disney – Disneyland dedication speech)
- I get goosebumps when I read or hear this. This is the speech Walt Disney gave when he dedicated Disneyland. These are special words here, people!