On Monday I hit 18 weeks pregnant with Baby Boy #2 – and I feel like this pregnancy is going so much faster than it did when I was pregnant with H. I guess it makes sense since H keeps be busy and occupied so I’m not constantly thinking about how November is so far away. There have been a lot of similarities with these two pregnancies and a lot of differences. Every several weeks I’m hoping to pop on here and give some bullet points and updates of how I’m doing, how babies doing, etc. I think someday it will be fun to look back and kind of relive the pregnancy days.
- I am not as sick as I was my first pregnancy! Definitely still sick. Definitely still throwing up a lot and losing weight. But definitely not feeling as miserable as I did the first time around. Again, I credit H for this. He’s an incredible distraction.
- I hurt 100,000x more. Which is a bummer because I hurt pretty bad with H’s pregnancy. The sciatic stuff started way earlier this time around. My bones feel like they are literally locked in certain positions sometimes. My hips, back and thighs are so achey and tight and sore. I already waddle and I limp! I can’ only imagine what 35+ weeks is going to feel/look like.
- Around 16 weeks I started feeling baby. They’re just the soft little flutters right now but they’re progressively getting stronger. Yesterday at church H was sitting on my lap leaning on my stomach and I could actually feel the baby kind of pressing against H. It was really exciting and gave me some major feels about these two being brothers.
- Like last time, my hair and nails are growing like weeds. My hairs also getting thicker. Last time it got like 50 shades darker. I haven’t been able to see a color change yet, but my hair is feeling so thick, healthy and nice. This is a perk to pregnancy!
- I’m finally not as fatigued all the time. Which is good especially since now I have a puppy (more on that later) to work with as well as being mom to my one year old.
- I’ve been better about staying active and exercising with this pregnancy. With H’s I was super gross feeling and losing weight crazily so I wasn’t actually allowed to do much physical activity, but since I haven’t been told to slow it down this time, I am going to do my best to at least not become a complete couch potato.
- No diabetes! I had to test early for Gestational Diabetes since I had it with my last pregnancy and so far its all good news! I will test again later, but for now I am still thoroughly enjoying my sugar and carbs.