You have no idea how many times I’ve started a Disney Dining post then ended up deleting it. Disney Dining is a HUGE category that could really turn into a novel (for me at least). I still plan on covering all of Disneyland and California Adventure’s Dining options in a later post, but for today I’m going to be going over my favorite places to grab a bite to eat in Disneyland and California Adventure. These range from table service options to quick serve options and fast snacks to grab on the go. But these are what I love and what I hate to miss when I go on my magical getaways to The Happiest Place on Earth.
My Favorite Places to Dine in Disneyland
- We’ll start on Main Street. Hands down my favorite place to eat on beautiful Main Street is Carnation Cafe. I can’t say enough good about this place. Its adorable and its delicious. This is a table service restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. I recommend making a reservation. My favorite thing to get here is the Chicken-fried Chicken. It is life changing.
- Another favorite is Blue Bayou. Located in New Orleans Square, this is another table service restaurant that I recommend getting a reservation for ahead of time. They serve lunch and dinner. This is the restaurant located right beside Pirates of the Caribbean – the restaurant you see at the beginning of the attraction, which means while you dine you can watch other guests ride by in their boats on their voyage. The ambiance is unbeatable. My favorite thing to eat here is their iconic Monte Cristo.
- If you’re looking for similar food to Blue Bayou but want to save a few bucks I highly recommend Cafe Orleans. (also in New Orleans Square) They also sell the delicious Monte Cristo! They are a table service restaurant that serves lunch and dinner. My favorite thing there are their Pommes Frites. This is a MUST. You’ll never eat anything like it. Please try these next time you go if you haven’t yet. You can thank me later.
- Stage Door Cafe is a classic for me and my family. Here in Frontierland, you can buy an iconic Disneyland corndog. Who doesn’t want that kind of goodness in their life? This is a quick serve option that is open for lunch and dinner and obviously my favorite thing to get there (and possibly the thing I crave most from Disney) is the corndog.
- In Critter Country you can find Hungry Bear which is a delicious quick serve option with nice, shaded seating, beautiful scenery and yummy food. It is open for lunch and dinner and I am a big fan of their classic cheeseburger or chicken sandwich.
- So I guess this isn’t a meal but it’d be a tragedy not to include this iconic, amazing snack. At the Tiki Juice Bar you can get yourself my favorite thing – a Dole Whip. There is never a bad time for this delicious snack and you probably need a few throughout your trip… Just sayin’.
My Favorite Places to Dine in California Adventure
- I’m starting with my favorite which is located in Cars Land. The Cozy Cone Motel is my #1 place to eat in DCA. They are a quick serve option that serve various snacks and quick bites to eat but my very favorite thing to get there is the Chili Cone Queso. Its a California Adventure staple in my family and it never disappoints.
- Staying in Cars Land there is also Flo’s V8 Cafe. Flo serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and the ambiance is so cute. Its a colorful, exciting diner with great food options. My personal favorite thing to get is Brioche French Toast for breakfast! I would also suggest their outdoor seating where you get either a great view of Cars Land or if you move to the side of the restaurant you can watch the cars zoom by on Radiator Springs Racers.
- On Paradise Pier you can find Cove Bar. This is a table service restaurant (that you have to wait in line for to get a table – just a warning). You get an amazing view of Paradise Pier and tasty food. My favorite is the Cotton Candy Lemonade. They also have amazing Lobster Nachos.
*these pictures are not my own
Where are your can’t-miss places to eat in the Disney Parks??