You guys make me feel all cool and fancy when you ask for my opinions and reviews on things. Lately I have had a few different clients, friends, etc ask what I think about the brand No7. Admittedly, I haven’t tried much from this brand but I’ve never heard really negative reviews about them but apparently there have been a lot of mixed reviews around the internet about their Stay Perfect foundation. I feel bad when people ask me for reviews and I’m not able to give them my own personal opinions about a product. So I bought the No7 Stay Perfect foundation (in Cool Vanilla) and now I have my first impression reviews for those of you who’ve asked.
Let me start with saying this: I wish they had more of a color selection. I am very pale and feel like even their lightest shade wasn’t quite light enough for me.
Putting it on/first couple minutes of wearing:
- It claims to be medium coverage and I totally agree with that. It wasn’t super sheer, but it also didn’t give me the cake-face effect. I have some pigmentation under my eyes from this pregnancy that I hoped it’d cover (i didn’t use any concealer during this test) and unfortunately it didn’t – but it did lighten it quite a bit.
- It applies easily and evenly. I needed to use more that I thought I would though. To get the coverage I was happy with I had to use 3.5-4 pumps. I applied it with my beauty sponge and it gave me no trouble.
- Its buildable. The coverage gets more heavy duty the more you put on.
- This product needs to be set with a powder. Its a very shiny, dewy, sticky foundation. Shiny and dewy is fine – sticky…not so much. I felt like if anything touched my face my foundation would come off. Once I put a setting powder over top it cleared that problem up and no longer felt sticky.
- Its lightweight. I don’t feel like I’m wearing tons of makeup on my face.
- It oxidizes. Ugh. This just means that once its out and on your skin the shade gets darker. My face looked more tan than the rest of my body all day. Not a ton, but enough for me to notice. Luckily I was able to hide most of that with other make ups on top of it.
- It applies nicely over a primer and other products apply nicely on top of it.
After several hours of wearing:
- The pigmentation under my eyes started to peek through the foundation a little more than when I first put the product on. The foundation on my chin also started to wear off a little – which is common for pretty much every foundation I try.
- I took a 20 minute nap and was pleased to find that it stayed on well and didn’t wear off where my face was on the couch.
- I didn’t find it to settle in to my creases and wrinkles anywhere – always a bonus!
At the end of the day:
- It didn’t sheer out anymore than it did in the middle of the day – I was very happy about this.
- It didn’t settle into any lines on my face.
- It hadn’t transferred onto any clothing even after changing my clothes twice during the day.
- It removed very easily at the end of the day when I took it off.
So…the No7 Stay Perfect Foundation. Do I recommend it? I do! (and I didn’t think that I would to be honest) At $15.99 I think its a good price for the quality of the product. I absolutely recommend that you make sure you set it with powder, otherwise it may be a whole different situation. I liked the medium coverage, I liked that it wasn’t heavy on my face, I liked that it didn’t transfer. I didn’t love the oxidizing but I figured out how to work with it and I didn’t like how sticky it felt initially (before i set it down).
If you’re on the market for an affordable, dewy foundation – this one would be worth a try in my opinion.
*Sorry there were no pictures of my face in this post. Mom brain + pregnancy brain… If you hurry you may still have time to catch my live review of the product on my Snapchat at ceeceesparkles though!