Today I am 27 years old. Eek. 27 has been a hard number to swallow for me for some reason. I’ve been afraid of that number because it has been seeming so….old. However I’m pretty sure I’ve thought that every year after I turned 21 so these fears are just to be expected now.
For my birthday post I’m doing what I’ve done the past few years. Facts about yours truly. 27 facts, this year. Will these be repeats of what you’ve read in past birthday posts? Yeah, probably. But thats not stopping this birthday girl!
- From the time I was a little girl, when asked what I wanted to be when I grew up I would answer with, ‘a mom.’ Now that I am a mom I’ve found that I love this gig even more than I thought I would. Little girl CeeCee had no idea how fantastic her future would be with her incredible children.
- Two is my lucky number. I’m also a fan of twenty-two.
- I’m a messy person. It takes a lot of effort every day for me to keep the house clean. I’m good at cleaning and I do it daily (usually) but its not something I come by naturally. Also, nine times out of ten, putting away laundry puts me in the worst mood – just ask Wild Man.
- I consider myself very good at applying make up and knowing skin care and make up facts. I consider myself awful at anything hair related. I want to get better though. I also have a fear that someday if I have a girl or two her hair will always look awful because I won’t have any idea what I’m doing.
- Speaking of hair… When I got pregnant with The Captain my hair started to darken and thicken. It got darker and thicker while I was pregnant with Chief. So now I have this dark, super thick hair which is sooooo different than the hair I had before I was ever pregnant. (i’ve always had thick hair, but not like this)
- I want all the babies. I tell Wild Man I want 100 kids. I know this is not going to ever happen, but I just really love my kids, having kids, growing kids, etc.
- I am strangely addicted to mints. The Lifesavers Wint O Green mints, to be exact.
- Something I’ve learned about myself this year is that I get really bummed out or my anxiety can spiral a bit if plans change. I have probably been this way for a while but it hasn’t been until recently that I’ve realized plans changing is actually really hard for me to handle and process.
- My favorite color is orange.
- My favorite drink is Diet Coke and my favorite food is raspberries, mexican food, pineapple or cookie dough ice cream.
- I really love to scrapbook, sew and craft. I used to be pretty good at doing it consistently. Having kids has definitely caused these things to take a backseat right now but I’m hopeful that someday I’ll be able to do them all again pretty frequently.
- I never really liked school growing up. Well I guess except for grade school. I was never a fan and I really regret that now. I wish I would have taken my schooling more seriously and paid attention better and made an effort to really remember the things I was taught. I got good grades and did pretty well in school and stuff, but I didn’t have a good attitude about the academic part of it and that makes me sad now. I didn’t love college either and have the same thoughts about it now. But then I went to Esthetic school and I loved it. I enjoyed it all, I remember so much, I internalized it and I love it still. Thats the attitude I wish I had all through my years of school.
- My favorite animated movie is Alice in Wonderland and my favorite live movie is Pirates of the Caribbean.
- The first thing that attracted me to Wild Man were his long arms, the veins in his arms and his shaggy hair. (fun fact: it is no longer shaggy)
- Since becoming a mom I have discovered my newest, biggest pet peeve: crayons being thrown all over the place. It makes my blood boil every time.
- I used to run Cross Country and Track and…dare I say it, I think I miss it. Well not actual cross country and track – but just running. I go through phases of running a lot, but I’m certainly not in that phase right now but hope to pick it back up once the weather gets warmer.
- I have the Mormon Mom Planner and I’m truly obsessed with it. Just looking at it makes me happy. It brings me comfort and has helped me sort out my psycho brain. Planning is incredible. I don’t know if I’m ‘good’ at it or whatever, but I love the way I do it. Its good and therapeutic for me.
- I believe I could live off of cereal, toast and mashed potatoes.
- I was born in Boise, Idaho. One time when Wild Man and I were dating he jokingly called me his ‘little Idaho potato’ and I think about this often and laugh every time.
- Eyelash Extensions are the most common treatment I do in my spa, however my favorite treatment to give is a facial.
- One of my little sisters was born December 20th, the day before my birthday. She is 11 years younger than me and I’ve always wished she could have waited just a little longer so we could have shared birthdays. Am I the only person who wishes they shared a birthday with their sibling?
- My toenails are always painted.
- I am super blind. If my contacts aren’t in or I’m not wearing my glasses, consider me useless.
- I would be much happier to sit at home and watch a tv show than to go to a theater and watch a movie. I like tv shows more than movies in general.
- I am the oldest of three girls and I’m quite a bit older than my sisters (8 years and 11 years) and I’ve always really loved my role as big sister and try not to take it lightly. Having this big of a gap between me and them, I’ve been very aware that younger siblings really do watch their older siblings and look up to them and (in ways) try to be like them. I’ve always wanted to be a good example to them – I hope I am.
- When I was younger I never could quite make up my mind about what I wanted to be when I grew up but some of my options were: Disney Princess, teacher, a CSI, an actress/singer (what kid doesn’t go through that phase?), a cosmetologist, a gymnast, a receptionist in a hotel, someones secretary or a makeup artist. I ended up being a Master Esthetician (but I do have my makeup artistry license so I guess I achieved one of those goals!)
- My idea of a perfect day is staying home all day with Wild Man, our boys, our dog and eating Mexican food or Chinese food, playing games, watching tv, having plenty of treats on hand, maybe going for a walk around our cute neighborhood and wearing comfy clothes.