We are gearing up for E’s first trip to Disneyland and I am so excited. He’ll be three months old and obviously will have not even the smallest memory of this vacation. But guess who will remember his first trip to Disneyland Resort? Me.
This got me thinking. Maybe some of you have never been to Disneyland. If you’re one of those people… This post is for you. If the day ever comes and you find yourself in the happiest place on earth this is what I, a seasoned Disney visitor, suggest you make sure you do on your first trip there. The list is short because you want plenty of time to explore Disneyland without feeling like you have to stick to some kind of guide. But these are the things I think everyone needs to experience on their first trip to DLR!
- Go to City Hall (to your left right as you’re entering Main Street) and get yourself a First Visit button. Then wear it with pride. Cast Members pay close attention to your buttons – who knows, they may just provide you with a little extra magic knowing its your first time there!
- Make at least one dining reservation. There are so many great places to eat in Disneyland. You can even bring your own food in if you’d like, but eating at a sit down place at least is really nice. There are character dining options – my favorite is Breakfast with Minnie at Plaza Inn (end of Main Street) and options without characters – my favorite is Cafe Orleans (in New Orleans Square).
- Get yourself a pair of ears! Wearing a Minnie Mouse headband or a good pair of Mickey ears almost instantly ups the magic factor in your vacation. It adds a little more of that Disney sparkle in your pictures and it helps immerse you in the Disney scene.
- Eat a treat at Jolly Holiday. Just do it. You won’t regret it. Might I suggest the Raspberry Rose Mickey Macaron?
- Also eat a Dole Whip. You get them at the Tiki Bar right outside of Tiki Room in Adventureland. If you want extra magic, buy your Dole Whip and eat it while watching Tiki Room.
- Watch the parades/shows/fireworks. They are some of the first things I think about when I think of Disneyland. They bring so much magic – and if you have kids, they especially love the parades!
Thats it! My quick suggestions of the things you absolutely have to do on your first trip to Disneyland! If you are planning a first trip and you need some pointers or tips – lets chat! You know I’m all about talking Disney with you!