I get asked a lot of questions about Disneyland and I’m trying to figure out the most efficient way to answer people’s questions. So I’ve decided that on topics that I will likely get asked frequently about, I’ll write up quick blog posts to relay some information!
There is no secret my very favorite time to visit Disneyland Resort is during Halloween time. The decorations, the overlays, the characters in costumes, the food, the attractions that get fun changes for the season – it’s just my favorite and adds extra magic. If there was only one time in the year you could visit Disneyland, I would highly recommend going during Halloween time.
Disneyland just released this information about this wonderful time at the parks!
•Halloween time will begin at DLR September 7th – October 31st!
•Tickets for Mickeys Halloween Party go on sale June 5th for Annual Pass Holders and June 12th for those without passes. If you are wanting to go to this amazing party, I recommend buying your tickets soon as possible! These events tend to sell out quickly.
Now I’m switching gears, mostly to try and convince you all of how badly you need to go to Mickeys Halloween Party.
Yes. It is a separate ticket event, meaning you have to purchase tickets separate from your general admission tickets to go to this party but it’s so worth every single penny, I promise. Here’s why..
- You get to dress up (all ages are permitted and there are only a few costume restrictions) and trick or treat around Disneyland and they don’t skimp on candy!
- There is a special parade and firework show only available to those who are going to the event.
- There are added photo spots that are so fun and turn into some of the best Disneyland pictures you’ll have in your collection.
- Have you ever ridden a ride in Disneyland while in a Halloween costume? There is something really neat about it – I’ve thought this since I was a little girl.
- The Dapper Dans become the Cadaver Dans and sing on a raft in the Rivers of America. It is entertaining and something so unique and special to Mickeys Halloween Party. You won’t want to miss it!
I hope that convinced you. If you need more convincing send me a message. I will be more than happy to continue the bullet points.
Now for some last little facts to add in hopes of answering more questions I may receive.
- Mickeys Halloween Party is not every night during September 7 and October 31. It is only select nights (I believe there are 15 days?) that you can view when purchasing your ticket.
- There are Halloween decorations and overlays in both Disneyland and California Adventure.
- Like last year, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT will become Monsters After Dark again! Space Mountain will become Ghost Galaxy and of course, Haunted Mansion will transform into Haunted Mansion Holiday.
- Cars Land will once again become Haul-o-Ween!
- There is incredible Halloween merchandise sold during this time that you most definitely need to check out.
- Oogie Boogie is taking over California Adventure this year as well!
- The Headless Horseman will start the parade riding through the route on his horse (this is so cool).
- Extra villains will be seen throughout the park to celebrate the holiday.
I can’t say enough just how magical Disneyland is during this spooky season. I’m getting so excited for it now just thinking about it and it’s only May! I hope I was able to answer some of your questions – if you have any more let me know! You know I’m happy to chat Disney with you all day long.
Have a magical day!