If I’m being honest, I usually don’t have a great attitude about July. Its just hot, hot, hot. I love the summer, but once mid to end July hits, I’m ready for Fall. I don’t know why it isn’t my favorite month usually, its just not. But I will say, having a kid who really enjoys hot summer days has made my attitude about July change. It was a good month. Nothing big, but we found some joy in every day. So lets get into this, shall we?
- Wild Mans sister and her family live in Mexico, but they’re in town right now for a few weeks and it has been so, so much fun!
- To go along with that top bullet point, our kids are lucky to be around their cousins frequently, but this month I feel like we have had even more cousin time than normal and we are loving it.
- I’m in my groove when it comes to exercising finally and it feels amazing. I am proud of myself and I’m not even ashamed to say that. I haven’t missed a day in months now and dare I say it, I think I’m at that point now where I look forward to exercising. I have figured out that I can’t schedule a set workout time – I don’t work that way – but I do pretty well to workout when my boys have full bellies and a tv show or a movie on. Its really fun when H joins in with me too. Wild Man has always been vigilant with his workouts. He never misses, he takes it seriously and he goes hard and his body shows it. I’m glad that my kids have him as a healthy living role model – but I’m actually really excited thinking about how I am being a healthy living example, as well!
- Disneyland celebrated its 63rd birthday in July. Its just really cool to me. Sixty-three years of magic that doesn’t compare to anything else. I ask this a lot, but seriously, can you imagine a world without Disney?? Thank goodness we don’t have to live in that reality.
- Remember how I just said I’m doing awesome on exercise? Yeah, not so much with eating though. I like to refer to myself as a garbage can, because sometimes thats exactly what I am. I have some high hopes and goals for August as far as eating goes. Lets all cross our fingers and hope for my own health that I can stick to them.
- We had one day in July that just really sucked. Both my boys kept getting hurt over and over, and they weren’t necessarily small injuries! The day ended with my sweet H playing by a creek with his dad, lifting a huge branch and hundreds of wasps coming out from under it and literally attacking him. It was such a freaky, sad sight to see. They swarmed him and we counted 19 stings. (Wild Man somehow only managed 2 or 3) Ugh. It was the worst and so sad. I think H has full on PTSD from it and his already intense fear of bees/wasps has grown 10,000%.
ON MY BRAIN
- My family was gone for most of July on my youngest sisters 16th birthday trip. They went to Paris, London and Scotland and it sounded like a dream vacation. One of their stops was Disneyland Paris (i wasn’t jealous at all) and I still find myself marveling over the pictures they took there. Its amazing. I’m hoping my sister will do a guest post for me sometime soon to talk about Disneyland Paris and compare it to Disneyland in California. Stay tuned for that!
- My husbands cousins wife has been on my mind so much this month. In the beginning of July she had an unexpected, huge heart attack. She is currently in a coma. She is a mother to seven. I just have so many thoughts and feelings about this. My heart hurts for this sweet family. Its one of those things that make me want to make sure I’m not taking any day for granted. You never know whats around the corner. If you’d care to donate to Ream and her family, here is a link.
- There has been a lot of talk about breastfeeding on social media lately. More specifically, breast feeding in public. Seeing as I’m currently a breastfeeding mother, I have some thoughts on this. It makes me sad that women are being shamed for feeding their babies in public. Covered or not, I honestly don’t think its a big deal. I personally cover up, only because I’m not brave enough to do so without covering. Honestly, I admire the women who don’t cover up. That takes guts and I wish I could be that brave sometimes. E doesn’t eat very well when he has a blanket over his head, and it gets hot in there for both him and me! I see the appeal of being uncovered for sure. I also hate when you hear that breastfeeding is becoming sexualized. I do think there are some times and places when you shouldn’t be breastfeeding uncovered… but for the most part, I am in support and it makes me sad that there are women out there feeding their children – LIKE BREASTS WERE MADE FOR – and are getting dirty looks and unkind comments.