August was another simple month. It was relaxing and full of sleep deprivation. We saw lots of family from out of state and we spent a lot of quality time together as our family of four. We made exciting future plans and we set new goals. It was a good month, but I’m totally fine seeing it go. We all know with August behind us that means we are that much closer to full-fledged Fall and I live for that.
- I have to start this post off with this one – the Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again soundtrack. Oh my gosh. How did the world even thrive before we were gifted with such greatness? Its all I ever want to listen to.
- Our Halloween costumes are finally figured out! I’m not sharing what we’re going to be yet, but I’m really, really excited for it. As usual, we’re all from the same (Disney) movie and we, the boys especially, are going to look awesome. I can’t wait! I’ll likely ‘debut’ the costumes when we go to Mickey’s Halloween Party in Disneyland a couple weeks before Halloween.
- Thanks to a wonderful sister-in-laws advice, I’ve fully committed to getting back into scrapbooking again and its given me life. I have dabbled in it here and there, but I never made it a priority. But now its something I find myself itching to do whenever I have spare time. Its been a lot of fun documenting the important, and also simple moments in our family and in my sons lives.
- I got really lucky with lots of new clients this month! I feel so lucky when people trust me with their lashes, skin, etc. I don’t feel like a lot of people in the beauty industry can say this, but my clients are my friends too! I feel like during their appointments we get to connect and bond and learn more about each other and its a real joy.
- To sort of go along with that last bullet point, one of my new clients is a wonderful woman I’m doing a trade with. She gets whatever she wants done in the spa and I get a 60-90 minute massage! Uh yeah, its heaven. I can already tell my body is benefiting from this.
- E got a double ear infection. Its so sad to see your little one hurting, and he was in a lot of pain and it broke my heart to see. We got him on an antibiotic after visiting the instacare and it went away pretty quickly, thankfully. Now hopefully we can be healthy again for a while.
- Speaking of E.. the dude hates food and its starting to stress me out. He’d nurse 24/7 if I let him, but when it comes to actual food being fed to him, that gets a big nope. Just recently he’s decided he’s ok with finger foods he can feed himself, but whenever I try to shovel food into his mouth his lips are sealed. He had his nine month doctor appointment not very long ago and they didn’t seem to think that was a big concern yet, but I still worry about it. Just eat little boy!!
- Ok, one more thing about E on here (haha poor kid) – he has slept sooooooo bad lately. Which also means I have slept sooooooo bad lately. I do ok without good sleep a few nights here and there, but when its this constant I really start to struggle. Its starting to all catch up to me and I don’t feel right. I’ve had lots of headaches, I’m lazy, I’m not as fun of a mom, etc. Please send good sleeping vibes my way, and if you have any profound ideas on how to get this little person to sleep most the night again, please let me know!
ON MY BRAIN
- Kindness has been on my mind a lot lately. Mostly, why can’t we all be more kind to each other? I was talking to my sister-in-law about this and I think she said it perfectly, “shouldn’t we be lifting each other up and hoping for the best?” Yes, yes we should. Can we just make it a universal goal to boost each other up instead of dragging them down? Sometimes some mean opinions or thoughts should be kept to ourselves. Sometimes its best to bite your tongue. Just be kind. Everyone. Please.
- I’m not sure why, but my babies as newborns have been on my mind a lot lately. I keep on thinking about that time in the hospital when they are still so fresh. That is such an incredible feeling. I don’t imagine I’ll ever tire of that. I’ve been looking at lots and lots of pictures of my boys when they were newborns, too. Oh my gosh. Tiny, precious little humans.
- I got my first real scare watching my child do something brave this month. We went boating with some of Wild Mans family. We have done this before and H will hop out on the tube with some of his cousins. They ride this big wide tube that is really tricky to fall off of. Well wouldn’t you know it, H managed to fall off. It scared the crap out of me. Thats my little two year-old buddy just out there in the middle of the lake!! Thankfully another one of his cousins fell off with him so he wasn’t all alone, but it still made my heart race. I knew he was fine, I knew his lifejacket worked, but that didn’t stop the panic. This is just the first of many of these moments and scares, I know.. Oh geez. I’m already nervous. Bring on the ulcers.
- I don’t care what anyone else says, if you ask me, September is the beginning of Fall. I’m beyond excited. I’m over Summer. I’ll miss the pool, but I’ll see it again next year. I’m ready for the autumn smells, food, clothes, leaves, traditions, just all of it. Come on Fall, I’m so stinkin’ excited for you honey.