- I got a new, fresh wind for social media and blogging. I’ve found a balance in social media and have a system that allows me to stay as up to date with things as I want to be, but still doesn’t take all my time. I also have new energy coming into blogging. I have new ideas and a confidence I’ve lost for the past few months. I’m excited!
- We took a fun, fast trip to Colorado with some of Wild Man’s family and just as we anticipated, it was a blast. Packing, especially for mainly outdoor vacations, is a really big struggle for me, but it was worth it. H especially loved all the time outside and in the huge cabin with his cousins — and hopefully also with his parents and brother?
- We had a really fun family vacation with some of Wild Mans family. We went to up in the mountains of Meeker, Colorado to a huge cabin with lots of fun property and seriously had the best time. It was the highlight of my month. It was so much fun watching the boys explore and get all dirty and incredibly happy. The food was delicious, we stayed up way too late and (sort of) slept in. It was an awesome time.
- My cousin got married and we were able to attend the temple wedding and be there for the rest of the festivities that day. It was a beautiful day and it was so nice and refreshing to be inside the temple and be with family.
- September was not a good month for my water intake.
- It just feels like Utah was on fire for the month of September. The Pole Creek/Bald Mountain Fire has been a terror.
ON MY BRAIN
- Whats going to be announced at October’s General Conference? People have been voicing their suspicions and guesses for months now and I’m just really ready to stop thinking about what other people are thinking/hoping/worrying the announcements will be, and just finally hear what they are! If we are being honest, I’m actually excited. I’ve heard that it will make some people uncomfortable – but I guess to me…like aren’t we on earth to be tested? Should this, to some degree, be expected? That knowledge may not make these announcements easier, but I’m still just excited to hear what President Nelson has in store for us.
- H had his first speech screening and it gave me a lot of feelings. (you can read the post about it here) Overall it left me feeling frustrated and a little defeated. But the next few days afterwards I had some sense knocked into me and realized there was literally no reason to feel that way. None at all. H did awesome and he acted age appropriately for a two year old – what more could I ask for? I don’t know why I thought he was going to go in there and nail all the words – if he was going to do that, then we wouldn’t be going to this place to screen him for preschool placement for a speech delay in the first place. It was stressful in the beginning, but now I see its taught me to trust the process, relax, be patient and embrace the moment and this speech journey we’re on.
- Pixar Fest ended at Disneyland Resort this month, and A Bugs Land closed down permanently in California Adventure. Pixar Fest was fun, I’m very curious to see if they bring it back for another Summer. Think they will? As for Bugs Land closing, you know my thoughts on that. Sad. But I’m excited to see what this new Marvel themed land will bring.