Happy Birthday to the mom of all moms! I love you lots!!
- My mom is my best friend and she always has been. I never went through the phase of thinking my mom was the worst or so embarrassing. We have always been very close.
- She is the reason I’m the Disney-crazed human that I am. She may be the biggest Disney fan I know.
- She is super Grammy. I knew she’d be a wonderful grandma but she exceeded all expectations I had of her. She loves my kids so much and that is a really awesome feeling.
- She is humble. I’ve always admired that and always tried to be like her in that way.
- She makes everyone feel good about themselves. She uplifts and raises spirits easily.
- My mom is hilarious. Some of the greatest laughs I’ve ever experienced in my life come from laughing at/with her.
- She leads by example. She’s never been one to yell the rules at me and my sisters, but she always taught us the rules through her actions (does that make sense?) and I feel like it was really affective and powerful.
- She is the most supportive mom. I could go on for hours with examples. I always think about high school and how she always supported what I wanted to do, who I wanted to be, etc. She let me make mistakes and helped me learn from them. She never made me do it her way, she let me learn for myself. I didn’t realize how much I appreciated that until recently.
- My momma is a smarty-pants. Things just stick with her naturally. You know, thats how my dad is too — really wishing those genes would have been passed along to me!
- She genuinely cares for others. She’s kind and compassionate.
- She loves the gospel and she’s dedicated to it.
- She is one of those naturally crafty, artsy, DIY people. Everything she touches turns to gold basically. She always makes the cutest stuff and does so quickly and makes it look so easy. She’s very impressive.
- She is one of the most selfless people I’ve ever met.
- She listens. She keeps secrets. She’s understanding. She remembers things. She makes me feel heard.
- She has way too many great qualities to list in one blog post. I’ll end here, but just know – my mom is amazing. I hope you all have someone in your life like her.
Happy Birthday, mom! I love you!