Oh, hey! Long time, no talk. I decided to take a break from blogging in December. I had all these grand intentions of doing lots of fun, holiday themed posts during the month, but then I felt like ultimately it would be more meaningful and important for me to really be present in each day. It was a great month, but it also kind of kicked our butts. It stretched me, I slept less than I have in quite a while, both our boys were hardly ever feeling well it seemed like, I turned another year older, I learned a lot, I started planning for the new year and so on. I never thought I’d say this, but I won’t be completely heartbroken this time to see December go. I’m just ready for our schedule, our plans, my new goals and to start working on some changes.
- Christmas. Christmas was amazing, especially Christmas morning. Being with just our family of four was so magical. The boys had an amazing time, they were really into gift opening and were so happy about the things they received. It all felt so relaxing and special. I’m still on a high from that great morning.
- I was put in as our wards Primary Secretary this month! The last few months I have actually been feeling like a change would be coming to my calling. I felt like I was going to have something quite a bit more responsible, and I was actually really excited about that. I didn’t know what it would be, and honestly I didn’t think it’d be in the Primary Presidency, but when I was asked if I’d serve in that position I was honestly filled with so much excitement! The new Presidency I was put in with is really awesome and I’m just so excited to be able to hold this calling and serve the sweet young ones in our ward.
- All the family time this month was wonderful. Wild Man’s whole family was in town, my grandparents came into town and we saw family here in Utah that we don’t see nearly as often as we should. I looked forward to each one of these family get togethers.
- Wild Man nailed my birthday and Christmas. He’s always a very thoughtful gift-giver, but he really outdid himself this year. The gifts he gave me still make my heart flutter. I felt so understood and cared for and really excited!
- H started his special speech delay preschool in November and I’m so impressed by his improvement and its only been a month! He’s blown us away with all of his progress. He is a talking machine now and I feel like he’s getting easier and easier to understand every day! I’m so proud of him.
- E got another double ear infection. We can’t remember for sure, but we think this is his sixth or seventh since October! So we will be beginning the process of getting tubes in his ear in January. Ear infections are awful to witness. I’m so over them for him. I feel like he never really heals from them so he just keeps getting them. I’m so annoyed, but very anxious (and nervous) for him to get tubes. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully this will take care of the problem.
- Was it the best month for my mental health? No. Was it the best month for my physical health? No.
- By the end of the month I had got pretty down on myself. I’m still trying to figure this out. Its just one of those times, you know? But that doesn’t make them any easier. It is hard. It makes easy daily tasks difficult. I’m in a rut. I’m excited to get out of it.
ON MY BRAIN
- I turned 28. Why does 28 basically seem like 30 to me? It feels like a big number to me, but I’m also pretty hopeful for what my year will bring me.
- Last year I hardcore got the winter blues and it was my first time. But this year (so far, at least) I don’t even have a hint of that, which makes me wonder if it wasn’t actually winter blues but if it was baby blues? I did have a one month old last December. I don’t know. But I keep thinking about that.
- I’m really excited to get into January. I’m making some changes and entering the new year differently than I usually enter a new year (i’ll do a post more about that later). I’m excited to finally give myself the opportunity to do things the way I want to, not the way I feel like I’m supposed to. It feels good to embrace who you are and be ok with your quirks and your ideas and opinions.
- I hope you all had a happy 2018. I hope your 2019 is amazing. Thank you for sticking around with me for another year. I really appreciate my readers and those of you who spend some time with me here. Love you all! Happy New Year!