For the last few months I’ve been trying to settle on a word for myself for 2020. I’ve gone back and forth with a few, but ultimately kept coming back to the same one. Its one I’ve seen used a lot from other friends and people I see on instagram on blogs. Truthfully, it was one I never felt drawn to…until now.
My word for 2020 is:
- I want my home to be a place of refuge for my family. I want it to be a place that is clean and inviting and comfortable. I want it to be a happy place where you feel good and peaceful and at ease.
- I want my home to be a place I enjoy being. Something I noticed from 2019 is that I looked for a lot of excuses to go places. This year I want to love my home more and love being there more.
- I want my home to be filled with the spirit. I want to make sure the gospel is taught often and discussed frequently within these walls. I want it to feel peaceful and calm and be a place where the spirit can easily be felt.
- I want my home to be a place with delicious food. I want to focus more on my families nutrition this year and I know that takes place in the home.
- I want my home to be simple, beautiful and to feel good. I want the decorations to be meaningful. I want to be de-cluttered and not just buy things to buy them. I want it to feel stress-free and inviting.
- I want my home to be crystal clear evidence that we have happy children living inside of it. I learned a while ago to let go of the expectation of having a pristinely cleaned home every day. I’m choosing to embrace the toys, the mess and the spills. I’ve heard before a messy house is a sign of happy kids. I want to remind myself of that more often.
- I want my home to be my families happy sanctuary.
I’m truly so excited to really focus on my home this year. I’m excited to make it everything I want it to be and I’m especially looking forward to making it a place that feels so great to my family and I.
What is your word for 2020??!