Ok, so February was good. I was very pleased with how it turned out. I had a good mix of relaxing days and super productive days. We got so much done around our house as a family. We had several activities that made some great lasting memories. I grew bigger and sorer (#pregnancyfun) and we did way good doing our family Come Follow Me. I’m not sure what I’m expecting from March. I’m just hoping for another simple, nice, productive but also lazy month.
- Honestly, the response I got on my post about some of my FAQ about taking your little ones to Disneyland was amazing. I wish I could share all the text messages I received, DM’s I got, etc and share them so you could all see why I’m so elated by the response. I’m glad I was able to help people and I promise that I’ll work on more in-depth posts about each of the topics I briefly hit on in that post.
- I hit halfway pregnant in February and that always feels like a monumental milestone in pregnancy. It feels good and I’m just proud of my body and what its doing.
- Also, I had the big ultrasound with baby sister this month and I’m feeling very grateful to say that everything is looking great with her. The ultrasound tech even told me at one point, “this is the kind of baby I want medical students to see, because this is exactly what you’re looking for in a healthy baby.” I mean, is there a greater compliment to receive while you’re pregnant?
- I made an attempt this month to be more involved with my kids. They’re really good at playing with each other or playing by themselves, so its easy for me to let them do their thing while I do my thing. But I wanted to get down on the floor and play with them more this month or gather them together at the table while we did an art project or played in sensory boxes. We were already BFF’s, but it totally made our bond stronger and I am grateful I did that and will continue to do that.
- We went to Jurassic Quest at the beginning of the month (a giant dinosaur convention that came to town) and my boys still talk about it all the time. It was lots of fun and something I’m sure we won’t forget anytime soon. I’m also thinking it’ll have to become a yearly activity for us as a family.
- Two of Craig’s siblings (one with his wife and baby) have been living in California the last few years, and this month they all moved back to Utah! It hasn’t even been that long, but already we are having the greatest time having them close again! We missed them more than we even knew. Having them back is going to just be the greatest.
- I’ve been able to watch my sister dance with her Drill Team a lot this month. She’s Head Captain and this is her senior year, so its been important to me to make an effort to watch her do what she loves. I enjoy it thoroughly every time.
- My pelvic pain, you guys. Wow. Its trumped the nausea, its trumped the heartburn and even my anxiety. It hurts so. bad. If I were to give you details on all the pain this would start getting too graphic and weird – so just take my word for it. It hurts down there. Always.
- I’ve cut exercise. I just can’t do it anymore because it hurts so much it isn’t even worth it to me. I’m still being active with my kids and such, but I can’t do exercise videos, intentional workouts anymore. It makes me sad, but I evaluated myself and talked to my doctor and we both agreed my body will appreciate the break. I feel totally ok in my decision, but I’m still sad about it because I had a goal to stay in shape this whole pregnancy.
- My kids wake up so early. Whyyyyyy?? What must I do to teach them the beauty of sleeping in?! I dream of the day I can peacefully sleep past 7am.
This month we focused more literally on the word ‘home’. Craig and I completely de-junked our house. Like all of it! It feels so good. We got rid of SO much stuff! Like, when did we become hoarders? Its incredible how much stuff you somehow accumulate without even knowing it. We were both in a really great mindset the whole time we did this so we were great at getting rid of things that we never used, didn’t serve us, etc. I can’t stress enough just how great this all felt. My home has never felt so orderly, clean and peaceful. We also really started on baby sisters bedroom. We came up with a plan. We emptied out the room that will now be hers and got a lot of it prepped. I’m hoping that we are able to finish it up at least almost all the way in March! Exciting times!