August has never really been a month I loved, and to be honest, this year was no different. Like its great. Theres good things about it and good things have happened in it, but for whatever reason, its just not my favorite month. Its so freaking hot and thats not my jam. Its also so close to fall, which is absolutely my jam. So its just this weird in-between month that I don’t adore, but I don’t hate it either. I don’t know. Either way, I’m super excited for September. September never lets me down.
- Flora turned two months old, so she was finally able to be vaccinated! Thats always a sigh of relief for me. Another added protection for my little bundle of joy. It makes this mama happy.
- We went boating with some of Craig’s family members and it was so nice. All 3 kids were awesome, the weather was beautiful. Being on the water is so refreshing for me.
- This is stuff I can talk more on later, but some things have been developing in our family that have caused Craig and I to have these really deep conversations, pretty often. It was exciting and it made me feel so much more bonded to him. I love having this guy by my side in life. He makes things so great.
- We started school this month. Home school. My brain has been all over the place with this decision. I still have some guilt eating me up because I feel like homeschool is going to deprive my boys from social interaction that they really adore. But overall, I feel good about this and I know that for us, its the right decision. Also, kudos to all the parents making these same hard decisions!
- Speaking of school, Harrison also started Waterford Upstart, an online preschool. He’s loving it and doing really well in it. Its calming to know that if I totally blow it with homeschool, he’s still taken care of because of Upstart.
- We have re-started potty training with Emmett. I don’t know if this is good or bad. It should be under a separate header called HARD. He’s motivated, but also at the same time, totally not. I don’t want to pressure him to do it if he isn’t ready (learned that the hard way with Harrison), but I also want to keep motivating him! Its tough.
- I opened my home spa back up! Again, something I was really torn on. BUT its been so, so good to see my old friends/clients again! I’ve missed them.
- Flora has started smiling, everyone! Best part of August.
- We took a free day and went to Golden Spike, the Rocket Garden and Hill Aerospace Museum with my mom and one of my sisters. It was loads of fun. It was also very hot and exhausting, but it was so good. I want to take my kids on more outings like this.
- We got suuuuper close to being in a wreck. Like within inches. It freaked me out. If we would have been hit, it would have all happened right on Emmett and Flora’s side of the car. My mind has traveled to so many scary places because of this dozens of times this month. I’m so grateful we were protected that day. But geez it scared the crap out of me.
- I got so behind on housework in August. Why? I have no idea. Probably because we were too busy trying to have fun and do exciting things, but still. I should have made more time to take care of my home. I guess there’s a goal for September, huh?
- I accidentally cut a chunk of my hair off. Luckily it was in the front and I’ve been able to make it mostly look like I’m just growing bangs out or something, but I was still thoroughly ticked about it. I watched my hair fall to the floor and burst into tears. I was cutting a string off of the collar of my shirt and my hair fell forward at the perfect (but not perfect at all) time.
- My mental health is…well, not what it usually is. Sure, I’m 2.5 months postpartum, but its just messing me up. Like, I’m fine. But my brain is working overtime to keep things level and ‘ok’. Its hard. My anxiety is picking up, I can feel it. I’m starting to get my worried headaches and am getting sleepy and stomach aches are reoccurring – all tell tale signs for me.
- My home is messy and chaos, but you know what? Its happy. I love my home, but mostly the people inside of it. My family makes things beautiful, no matter where we are.