Today is my 30th Birthday, and I’m not going to lie to you, thats WEIRD. 30 seems like a really big number to me right about now. But hey, I hear all the time that your 30’s tend to be some of your best years. So I’m banking on that!
Now, keeping up with the tradition I’ve made on my blog for my birthday – here are 30 things about yours truly.
1. I strongly prefer winter over summer. I love the cold weather and the cozy, peaceful atmosphere it brings.
2. I’d rather watch tv shows instead of movies, though I love both.
3. I feel like I have a very creative brain, but I’m still figuring out how to channel it and put it to good use.
4. I hate doing laundry. So much. Hands down the worst chore. But the smell of laundry is absolutely one of the best things to happen to this world.
5. I avoid confrontation at all costs. It terrifies me.
6. Along with so many other people, I’m super into True Crime podcasts. It doesn’t help my anxiety one bit, but I’m so hooked.
7. I love to decorate. I plan to start learning more about it this year and incorporating that new knowledge into my new home.
8. Along those same lines, if I could go back and change my career, I’d be an Interior Designer. But I’d also love to be a Labor and Delivery Nurse.
9. I play with my belly button. I have since before I can remember. It’s comforting to me.
10. I don’t like being sore. I know working out is important and good, but the soreness that follows is a big downer to me.
11. I like pie so much more than cake.
12. Scrapbooking is something I’ve enjoyed doing for years. At the beginning of COVID/quarantine, I stared a COVID-19 scrapbook series and it’s one of the projects I’m most proud of.
13. My perfect day (aside from spending it at Disney with my family), would be spent staying home with my family in comfy clothes playing games all day long with really good treats.
14. Light orange is my favorite color followed closely by gray.
15. My favorite Disney attractions are: Disneyland: Haunted Mansion, California Adventure: Guardians of the Galaxy, Magic Kingdom: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Epcot: Living with the Land, Animal Kingdom: Kilimanjaro Safari, Hollywood Studios: Rock’n Roller Coaster.
16: I only drive because I have to. I don’t like driving.
17. I’m very attached to my hair. Trims still make me nervous. It’s a part of me. When I hear people say, “it’s just hair,” I honestly cannot relate to that mentality at all.
18. When I was in labor with Flora at the hospital I got so hot. I’ve never felt that hot and uncomfortable and panicky because of my temperature before. It was miserable, and for some reason every. single. night. since I’ve had her, I think about that sensation.
19. I only wear/own Disney earrings.
20. I have a running dialogue in my mind at all times. Like very rarely does this not happen.
21. My biggest pet peeve is when people tell you your opinion is wrong. No it’s not! People are entitled to their own thoughts and opinions. Of course you can discuss and debate them, but don’t say they’re flat out wrong.
22. My current most embarrassing moment happened a couple years ago when I was watering the flowers in our garden. I went to adjust the hose and had it on full blast and accidentally sprayed a teenage boy straight in the face as he walked by my house. I felt so bad and was sooo embarrassed!
23. I honestly don’t know the last time I slept through the night.
24. I love being a mom so much. I grew up fantasizing about what it would be like, and it’s even better than my wildest dreams. There are hard days and moments, but it’s still something that fills me with joy and pride. I’m certainly not a perfect mom, but I have patient and understanding little ones who are soft either me and I love them more than they’ll ever understand.
25. I love having my hair played with or brushed. Nothing feels better.
26. Late night chats with Craig in bed are one of my favorite things. Is therapeutic and calming. I look forward to those moments.
27. I have a birth mark on the left side of my neck and it just looks like my neck is dirty. I used to be self conscious about it, but I’ve since embraced it.
28. You know that saying that goes something like, “I’m not an early bird or a night owl, I seem to be some kind of permanently exhausted pigeon?” …pretty sure that was written for me.
29. My favorite quote, and my motto is by none other than Walt Disney. He says, “Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we’re curious … and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
30. I try so hard to be a genuinely happy, faithful and positive person. I strive to be a light and someone people know they can turn to and know they won’t be judged or treated poorly. I hope I’ve made you all feel that way too.
Thanks for being here! Thanks for celebrating with me today by reading this post! I adore you all.