You have no idea how many times I’ve started a Disney Dining post then ended up deleting it. Disney Dining is a HUGE category that could really turn into a novel (for me at least). I still plan on covering all of Disneyland and California Adventure’s Dining options in a later post, but for today I’m going to be going over my favorite places to grab a bite to eat in Disneyland and California Adventure. These range from table service options to quick serve options and fast snacks to grab on the go. But these are what I love and what I hate to miss when I go on my magical getaways to The Happiest Place on Earth.
My Favorite Places to Dine in Disneyland
- We’ll start on Main Street. Hands down my favorite place to eat on beautiful Main Street is Carnation Cafe. I can’t say enough good about this place. Its adorable and its delicious. This is a table service restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. I recommend making a reservation. My favorite thing to get here is the Chicken-fried Chicken. It is life changing.
- Another favorite is Blue Bayou. Located in New Orleans Square, this is another table service restaurant that I recommend getting a reservation for ahead of time. They serve lunch and dinner. This is the restaurant located right beside Pirates of the Caribbean – the restaurant you see at the beginning of the attraction, which means while you dine you can watch other guests ride by in their boats on their voyage. The ambiance is unbeatable. My favorite thing to eat here is their iconic Monte Cristo.
- If you’re looking for similar food to Blue Bayou but want to save a few bucks I highly recommend Cafe Orleans. (also in New Orleans Square) They also sell the delicious Monte Cristo! They are a table service restaurant that serves lunch and dinner. My favorite thing there are their Pommes Frites. This is a MUST. You’ll never eat anything like it. Please try these next time you go if you haven’t yet. You can thank me later.
- Stage Door Cafe is a classic for me and my family. Here in Frontierland, you can buy an iconic Disneyland corndog. Who doesn’t want that kind of goodness in their life? This is a quick serve option that is open for lunch and dinner and obviously my favorite thing to get there (and possibly the thing I crave most from Disney) is the corndog.
- In Critter Country you can find Hungry Bear which is a delicious quick serve option with nice, shaded seating, beautiful scenery and yummy food. It is open for lunch and dinner and I am a big fan of their classic cheeseburger or chicken sandwich.
- So I guess this isn’t a meal but it’d be a tragedy not to include this iconic, amazing snack. At the Tiki Juice Bar you can get yourself my favorite thing – a Dole Whip. There is never a bad time for this delicious snack and you probably need a few throughout your trip… Just sayin’.
My Favorite Places to Dine in California Adventure
- I’m starting with my favorite which is located in Cars Land. The Cozy Cone Motel is my #1 place to eat in DCA. They are a quick serve option that serve various snacks and quick bites to eat but my very favorite thing to get there is the Chili Cone Queso. Its a California Adventure staple in my family and it never disappoints.
- Staying in Cars Land there is also Flo’s V8 Cafe. Flo serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and the ambiance is so cute. Its a colorful, exciting diner with great food options. My personal favorite thing to get is Brioche French Toast for breakfast! I would also suggest their outdoor seating where you get either a great view of Cars Land or if you move to the side of the restaurant you can watch the cars zoom by on Radiator Springs Racers.
- On Paradise Pier you can find Cove Bar. This is a table service restaurant (that you have to wait in line for to get a table – just a warning). You get an amazing view of Paradise Pier and tasty food. My favorite is the Cotton Candy Lemonade. They also have amazing Lobster Nachos.
*these pictures are not my own
Where are your can’t-miss places to eat in the Disney Parks??
Sometimes I wish becoming a mother came with a handbook but as we all know very obviously, it does not. The Captain does not eat. He nurses and he is all about that life. Its the only kind of food intake he wants. Actually I take that back, he likes corn too. But thats kind of it besides the random day where he’ll unhappily eat spoonfuls of baby food or pieces of whatever I’m eating. We all know I’m a worrier so it should come as no surprise to anyone that now — I am worried. I don’t believe he is starving or unhealthy, but I have noticed he gets cranky so much easier and is sad way more than usual and I always assume its because the poor guy is hungry. I love nursing, I really do. The times I nurse H are honestly some of my favorite parts of the day, but he is 10.5 months old and I know he needs a lot more than just my milk now. So I stress out that he’s not getting enough and that he doesn’t feel good or that he is always hungry. But you also can’t force a baby to eat anything so I feel like we stuck between a rock and a hard place. There is no real way to win right now. I just have to be patient and I’m bad at that. I want everything to be perfect for my little buddy and it breaks my heart to even think of him being hungry. Also maybe he isn’t hungry. Maybe he’s totally fine and I’m making this all up – this is a very plausible theory. This is more a post to vent because sometimes venting makes me feel better and can sometimes calm me down and be able to breathe a little better. Heres to hoping thats the case right now.
Thanks for listening.
I posted a picture of this yummy dinner the other day on Instagram and got quite a few requests to share the recipe – so here it is! This meal is delicious you guys.
You will need:
1 cup rice
1 bell pepper (i used green)
half a white onion 1 can corn
1 can (rinsed) black bean
1/2 cup salsa
1tsp chili powder mexican blend cheese
preheat oven to 400 degrees
peel zucchini and squash and cut into cubes
cut onion and pepper
in 9×13 pan put your zucchini and squash in the oven while you prepare the rest (this helps soften the vegetables)
in a skillet cook onion and pepper in a little olive oil
in skillet combine cooked rice, corn, black beans, salsa, cumin and chili powder
remove zucchini/squash from oven and dump the mixture from the skillet into the pan
cover top with cheese
cover with aluminum foil
bake for 20 minutes – the last 5 minutes i removed the foil
I am desperately trying to be healthier. An incredible surprise to me is that the exercise is easy part and its the eating thats kicking my trash. I have a major sweet tooth and it takes every single teeny tiny ounce of self control I have to not eat alllllllll the junk food in the world. And I know I could use moderation, but the problem with me is that if I have one cookie, I then somehow eat…way more than one.
But thats not the point of this post. The point of this post is that I found a decently healthy dinner recipe that I sort of winged, sort of copied from a pin on Pinterest – I also made it with the worlds cutest, neediest baby strapped to my chest!
GROUND TURKEY CASSEROLE (or something – idk, i haven’t named it)
You will need:
1lb ground turkey
1 yellow pepper – diced
2 cups water
1 cup brown rice
4 garlic cloves
1 tbsp chili powder
1/4 tbsp salt
1/4 tbsp ground pepper
1 tomato – diced
1 can (15oz) whole kernel corn
1 can (150z) red kidney beans
Mexican Blend cheese
Cook ground turkey and yellow peppers in large skillet over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink
Add water, rice, garlic, chili powder, salt, pepper, tomatoes, corn and beans
Cook covered for about 20 minutes or until rice is soft
Remove from stove top and sprinkle cheese – serve hot
I need to make more smoothies. I’m really not sure why I don’t – they are easy and are a fun way to eat healthy. I’ve made a goal this summer to try more smoothies and stop being so lazy about them. I made my first one a few days ago and I’m a big fan – it turned out delicious and I’ll definitely be making it again soon.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothies
1 cup baby spinach
2 cups milk (water and almond milk would also work)
3 cups grapes (i froze mine)
2 cut up bananas
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
optional: adorable Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse glasses
If you know me you know this: I am a Disney person. I’m a super fan and a massive enthusiast. Disney is my jam and I’m crazily passionate about the happiest place on earth. I have been this way my entire life and this is thanks to my gem of a mother who raised me/brainwashed me to LOVE and ADORE all things Disney. Disney is life for me and my family. My mom grew up in a Disney-loving family and she took it to the next level with thoroughly obsessing over it. 99% of our family trips are Disney trips, a good majority of my childhood memories were made in the Disney parks, we talk about Disney every day and we turn into giddy, happy, magic-seeking humans when it comes to the subject. This is much of the reason why I’ve decided to start Magical Monday. Every Monday (hopefully) I’m going be posting something Disney. I posted my first Magical Monday post last week. I don’t know if anyone will be interested in these posts or not, but like I’ve said, Disney is important to me and this, my blog, is a place where I want to share the things important and special to me. The things that make me happy. So without further ado…
MAGICAL MONDAY: TREATS AND SNACKS
I have an enormous sweet tooth and am a notorious snacker, so naturally I couldn’t go long too long in this series without mentioning my favorite treats and snacks of Disneyland, California Adventure and Downtown Disney. These are all just my opinions – yours could greatly differ – if they do, tell me what you love! Maybe I haven’t tried it yet and need to.
- Dole Whip (found in Adventureland in Disneyland) This is my number one favorite treat in all Disney. You get these at Tiki Room in Adventureland. The line is usually very long for these – because they are that good – but here is a little tip, if you go inside the waiting area for Tiki Room the line is much shorter. Then you can go watch Tiki Room while enjoying your delicious treat! Total win.
- Pommes Frites (found in New Orleans Square in Disneyland) You cannot miss these. They are the most delicious things you’ll ever taste. You find these at the restaurant called, Cafe Orleans, which serves plenty of other great food, but these are totally the best item on the menu. I recommend making a reservation here as there is usually a little bit of a wait.
- Marceline’s Confectionery/Cake Pops (found in Downtown Disney) I can’t really pick a specific treat to highlight from Marceline’s because they’re all so good. However if I had to choose one I would say the Mickey shaped cake pops (i personally love the chocolate but there is also vanilla and red velvet). This place is full of sweets and I’ve never had one I didn’t like. Go try it.
- Ghirardelli Shop (found in California Adventure) Ghirardelli ice cream speaks for itself, so I don’t feel like this treat needs much of an explanation.
- Cozy Cone Motel (found in California Adventure in Cars Land) There are five cones that all serve different snacks/treats. Cone 1 serves churros, Cone 2 serves ice cream, Cone 3 serves Chili Cones, Cone 4 serves pretzels and twists and Cone 5 serves popcorn – all serve drinks and soda. I am obsessed with the Chili Cone Queso. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. The ice cream here is also extra magical. Creamiest ice cream I’ve ever had.
- Beignets (found in New Orleans Square in Disneyland) We love getting Mickey Mouse shaped beignets from the Mint Julep Bar in New Orleans Square. I love the atmosphere in this area and top that with these fresh, hot beignets — its the best. You should also try a Mint Julep for good measure.
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe (found at the end of Main Street in Disneyland) This is much like Marceline’s. There are always a variety of delicious treats here (the picture at the top of this post is from Jolly Holiday – the Matterhorn Macaroon). The treats are changing often so there is always something new to try.
I have been eating healthy lately and not to toot my own horn, but I’ve been killing it. I may even be having fun with it right now. But don’t even think that I don’t still constantly crave chocolate and give in to that temptation every now and again.
My sweet tooth is especially ravenous before I go to bed so I have been searching for something that was somehow sweet, delicious and healthy all at the same time — and I finally found it. It was on the SnapChat of lifestyle blogger, KatieDidWhat. I have this quick and easy treat many nights before bed and though its not chocolate, it really holds my sweet tooth over.
It is seriously so easy. There are four ingredients and takes just a couple minutes to prepare.
You just need:
Greek Yogurt (i use the honey flavored)
You just cut slices of cucumber, drop a little scoop of greek yogurt on top, stick a couple strawberry slices on and top with a little honey. It is so good. You need this in your life.