Just like that I’m 24 (actually closer to 25) weeks pregnant! This pregnancy is flying. I’m assuming things will start slowing down once I get closer to my due date, but as of right now I feel like November is going to be here after just a few more blinks. I think I’ve said this before, but I’m really torn on how excited I am for November. Obviously I’m thrilled because November is baby time – but its also the month H was born which means he’ll be turning TWO! What? I’m going to have a two year old? We’re stopping there. I can’t dwell on that too much.
On Monday I had my 24 week appointment and everything is looking, sounding and feeling great and Baby Boy is doing awesome. The results of our big 22 week ultrasound came back and all is well. Again, I was nervous because with H’s 22 week appointment they found that there was a possible issue with his kidneys so I had to get another ultrasound at 30 weeks to just ensure everything was fine. And everything was fine, thankfully, but those were a lot of weeks to sit and worry about my baby. I really was hoping I wouldn’t have to do that again this time around – and thankfully we don’t have to.
Now on to the bullet points
- I’m going to start with this. In a couple weeks I’m taking my final glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes (i had it with my 1st) and even though people are being so kind and sending tons of positive vibes, I am terrified that I have it. My levels haven’t been super this pregnancy but not bad enough to be diagnosed. So I’ll keep my fingers tightly crossed until I know for sure. Wish me luck.
- I’ve started feeling really heavy lately. My belly must be really growing because I feel like if I’m not careful I’m going to just tip over and fall on my face – which can’t be good for me or baby.
- A few weeks ago I did something to a stomach muscle and its been feeling pretty awful ever since. My doctor said that unfortunately there weren’t great chances of it healing before baby is born since my stomach muscles are thinning and aren’t very strong (were they ever?) so I’m gearing up to feel this the rest of my pregnancy. I also found a fancy, supposedly really amazing belt/band thing thats supposed to help a lot and also help my back pain. I have high hopes.
- This isn’t new news, but my body still kills. Nothing has helped so far.
- I’m still sick, but still doing way better than my first pregnancy. I haven’t put on much weight, but if you compared my numbers this time to last time, you’d be giving me a standing ovation.
- H has started noticing that my belly is getting big. Sometimes he’ll come up to me and just pat it or lay his head on it. I know he’s too young to understand he’s got a little brother in there but it still makes me excited (and sometimes a little emotional). The best is when Baby Brother kicks back when H pats my belly. I hope they’re such good friends.
Finally at 22 weeks pregnant I am feeling almost 100% myself, again and I want to shout this good news from the rooftops! When I got pregnant with H, though I was really sick, I still felt *normal* as I could. I was able to get things done, I was able to find motivation even if it was just in small bursts, I was still myself more or less. But this time around it took me so long to feel that way. Like I said, I’m still not 100% but I can see and feel the changes finally. I’m able to keep the house clean, stay on top of laundry and do the dishes regularly. I can put effort into dinner again. I just feel so much better. So much more me!
This all came at the perfect time really because this past week poor H has been the sickest I’ve seen him. He got hit with a nasty bout of diarrhea and then also started throwing up. Just when I think he may be on the mend he has another yucky diaper or throws up again. Its kind of heart breaking. Seeing him laying on the couch for hours at a time just watching movies is sweet but also really sad. But thankfully now that I’m able to be motivated I’m able to keep up on the dirty laundry this poor sick boy has created in ever growing piles. I’m able to keep his room and bed (ohhh the messes that have happened in his crib) clean and sanitized and feel like I’m doing all that I can and should be doing to hopefully help him along the road to recovery. Its a good feeling – feeling like I’m able to give my all to being the best mom I know how to be to my more than deserving little guy.
I know this is a short, random little post. But I’m feeling really jazzed about feeling good. And really hoping H can join me soon in this feeling good party. ::fingers crossed::
I wanted to do this post on the day I hit 20 weeks pregnant, but big shocker – I spaced it. I am now 21 and a half weeks along but I figure the updates are still pretty much the same as they were last week so this will have to do. I swear one of these days I’m going to get my life back on track and post more regularly and not always be so jumbled, but today is still not that day.
20/21 WEEK PREGNANCY UPDATE
- I feel better this time around. I’m still sick and throwing up but not nearly as often as I did with my first pregnancy. I feel like I can comfortably eat more and have a higher chance of it sitting well.
- I have got more energy the last few weeks and I have never been so thankful!
- Baby Boy is a wiggler just like his big brother was. I started feeling him move frequently at about 19 weeks and he hasn’t really stopped since. Its still not quite strong enough to feel with your hand from the outside, but I do feel it all. the. time. on the inside. I think thats my very favorite part of being pregnant is being able to feel the little miracle moving around inside of you.
- My body hurts more this time. The pain started quicker and is quite a bit stronger. I went to the chiropractor not long ago and he told me my body was holding myself as if I was 30+ weeks pregnant. My sciatic pain is pretty intense and my back and hips are aching almost constantly. I had all this with H, too, but I swear it started a little later.
- Baby Boy has strong genes from my family, just like H. What this means is he’s got a big ol’ head. It is measuring farther ahead than the rest of his body, which is also what H did. What can I say, my family makes big headed babies!
- I’m finally starting to feel more like myself. It took me a long time to feel ‘normal’ again after getting pregnant. I was so sluggish and it was almost impossible for me to find motivation to do my usual housewife tasks. It was really frustrating and led to a lot of feelings of guilt, failure and self doubt, but I’m really happy to say that I feel like just this week I’m getting things back under control and finding myself and will be able to easier be a normal human being.
See this picture? This (high quality) photograph is a pretty perfect depiction of my life since March.
My morning sickness started kicking in pretty intensely at about 5 weeks for me and if I remember correctly, thats about when it came in when I was pregnant with H as well. I really don’t like complaining about pregnancy stuff because I know there are some women out there who would give up everything to feel the way I feel. I was an only child for 8 years and watched my mom wish for another baby. I have friends who had to wait a really long time to get their baby and some who are still waiting. I totally understand how lucky I am to be pregnant with my second child right now. I don’t take this experience for granted and although I do complain occasionally, I hope its not mistaken as me not being happy about growing a baby or being able to physically grow a child.
But sometimes it feels good to complain a little, am I right? I’ve been losing weight, I throw up several times a day, I live in constant fear that I’ll be diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes again, I have no energy or motivation, I’m so dang tired and I just don’t feel like myself yet. I remember there came a time during my pregnancy with H sometime during my second trimester that I eventually figured out how to force myself to be productive and be a functioning human being again and I’m really hoping now that I’m in my second trimester I can figure that out again, soon.
I’m so grateful for my husband and for the patience he has had. He went from having a good wife who did all the housewife jazz to a wife who lays on the couch and forgets grocery shopping and meal planning all together most weeks. He has been the dish-doer, the laundry guy and the person who straightens up our house and he hasn’t complained or made me feel bad or guilty about it once. I mean, I still do feel guilty about it, but its just because of my own thoughts. I married a real good man and I hope he knows that I’ll be back at my wife duties soon (fingers crossed)!
I also have to talk about what an angel H has been. His mom is BORING right now you guys. I can’t tell you how guilty I feel about this subject. H is a wiggly, active, energetic little boy who just wants to play and to be played with. Yet his mom is usually gross on the couch and is turning on yet another Disney movie for him. But he has rolled with this change so effortlessly and so easily and I couldn’t be more thankful for it. He plays happily by himself on the floor but still makes sure to crawl up on the couch with me from time to time to cuddle and give kisses. He’s been a dream boy through this. Lately I have been able to get down and play with him a little more often and I hope it just keeps getting better because you can just tell how much he loves it! But I’m also really glad that he knows how to play alone and self-entertain when he needs to. I have an amazing little boy.
So anyway. Life is weird right now. I’m lazy and sick and tired and gross. But I’m really grateful that I get to have another sweet baby and that our family is going to grow. Every second, no matter how barfy, is worth it in the end.
And I end this post with a picture of my family this past Sunday – a rare occasion when I actually got ready.
Hooray! We are finally announcing that I am pregnant with our second little bundle of joy! Come November, we will have another sweet little thing to love on and snuggle with and we are overjoyed. Funny enough, this babies due date is H’s birthday! So our kids will be pretty much exactly two years apart!
Just like with H, I have been feeling pretty miserable. Sick sick sick. Throwing up. Losing weight. All that fun stuff. But hey, you just keep on trekking because these babies are so worth it! Its different being pregnant with your first compared to being pregnant with your second. With my first pregnancy I could lay on the couch 24/7, sleep in, nap whenever I needed to and was just 100% lazy. Now its a different story because, though I’d love to be 100% lazy, I have a busy little boy to chase around and care for. Its actually nice. Its made time pass a little quicker and forces me to get up and be even kind of productive.
I’m actually really relived to be announcing that I’m pregnant because now I have an explanation for why I have been so flaky and absent when it comes to blogging and other social media. I felt like I had writers block when it came to blogging because all I wanted to talk about was being pregnant but I couldn’t say anything yet so I’d start a post and then just fizzle out and end up deleting the post. Now that we have gone public with this though I feel like I’m going to be a lot better at posting frequently, even if it has nothing to do with being pregnant. Does that make sense? I don’t know, but thats how its working.
And now I can post about our magical Disneyland trip from a couple weeks ago! I was hesitant to post pictures because my belly is in that is she pregnant/is she chubby phase and I didn’t want to post the pictures before you guys knew that its a baby in there!
Yay for Baby #2! We are very blessed, excited and sleepy!
Since I am a SAHM and I have a very busy husband, I have a lot of one-on-one time with my little man. I super love planting our bums on the couch and watching a movie or two, but I try to make sure that we have a lot more time playing and being active than we do being potatoes. One of our most recent favorite pastimes lately are having full-blown dance parties. We hook the music on my phone up to our AppleTV and turn our music up loud and dance dance dance! H has some killer moves consisting of small squats, thigh slaps, hand claps and gentle head banging that blow my moves out of the water, but we dance hard nonetheless. Bonus: If you actually dance (or attempt to) it also counts as cardio!
Seeing as these dance parties happen at least once a day and H and I are kinda feeling like pros at this, we consulted and decided to share with you our favorite dance party playlist! Spoiler Alert: Its all Disney music. Are you surprised? You shouldn’t be..
OUR DANCE PARTY PLAYLIST
- Try Everything (from Zootopia): A classic dance song. I don’t think anyone can listen to this song without at least tapping their toes to the beat.
- I Just Can’t Wait to be King (from Lion King): Why is this such a little boy song to me? It makes me so proud that H loves this one so much.
- Be Our Guest (from Beauty and the Beast): I really didn’t think this would be such a dance song but H lights up when he hears it so I can’t ever skip past this one when it comes on (not that i’d want to – its a great song!)
- Sugar Rush (from Wreck It Ralph): Oh we have fun with this one and according to H, this is a great one to thigh-slap to.
- The Bare Necessities (from Jungle Book): Wild Man sings this song all. the. time. so it seemed like a necessity (see what i did there?) to add this to our playlist.
- You’re Welcome (from Moana): We are big fans of this song here. And we are sooooo excited for this movie to come out super soon!
- Winnie the Pooh (from Winnie the Pooh, duh): I can’t hear this song now without picturing H doing this cute little squat while clapping his hands and smiling. He is a big fan of Pooh Bear.
And by that point I am exhausted and H is ready for a snack.
Think there are any songs we’re missing on our go-to Disney Dance Party Playlist?
H and I have had a rough week. About a week ago H started coming down with a fever and a horrible, phlegmy cough and had a really, really bad runny nose. You could just look at his sweet eyes and see how sick he was. He was very mellow and watched movies all day on the couch and just wanted to cuddle. It really broke my heart because he is normally so active, wiggly, loud and is very busy. Then a couple days ago I woke up with a very sore throat and a bit of a cough. I can only assume that H also has a sore throat since I felt it once I got sick too. Poor kid. Now my ears feel plugged and I can’t pop them, my throat is on fire, my body is achey and my cough and runny nose are still going strong. Poor, sweet H has pretty much beat the fever, but is still coughing, phlegmy, has a runny nose, and is mellow. Oh, and on top of all that he is teething which is HARD! He has one of his top teeth now and the other is going to pop through any second, I swear. I’m thinking there is another on the bottom thats really close as well. I guess its ‘nice’ to get it all over with at once, but its made for a rough week.
I have felt really lucky to be able to spend pretty much the entire week just one-on-one with my baby, though. Even if we were quietly snuggled on the couch watching Zootopia, Wreck It Ralph or Finding Dory for the thousandth time it was so special to be close with him and not have him fight the million kisses I gave him or push away from my hugs (one year olds don’t have time for that mush it turns out).
This is just my way of trying to find the positive side to all this coughing and fatigue. And here is a picture of us a few weeks ago, much healthier. Heres to hoping we’ll be back to normal quickly!