One of my favorite qualities about Craig is his ability to make people smile. It doesn’t matter if its a close friend or a random stranger, Craig leaves them happier than they were before. There is something calming and secure about him and it blesses everyone around him. He is a giver, the best listener and absolutely hilarious.
I have always been very aware of how lucky I am to be his wife. He is very a involved and helpful husband (fun fact: Craig doesn’t get the infamous man cold and I super love that about him) and he truly makes me feel so special, important and valued. He also has taken my Disney lifestyle by the horns and its one of the best things about him.
He is a hands-on dad who changes diapers, puts laundry away and is 100% involved and aware of his sons. He knows how important his role as a father is and he respects it and loves it. He is the greatest example I could ever want for our kids.
Happy Birthday Craig! I love you to infinity and beyond.
Quite a while ago I posted about how I found out I was pregnant with H and how I told Wild Man. You can read that story here if you’d like. I figured it was only fair that I also share the story of this baby, as well. Just a heads up – much like the story of H – this is not anything exciting or cutesy. Apparently I turn incredibly uncreative when it comes to giant life changes like this.
We didn’t get pregnant immediately when we were trying for H. So when we had settled on a timeline for when we would start trying for baby #2 I wasn’t holding my breath for it to happen very fast (for the record, Wild Man had a very different attitude about this). So when we hadn’t been trying long like…at all…I was both hopeful and skeptical. No way it happened this fast this time. Nope. Regardless of my negative attitude, I couldn’t quit thinking about the pregnancy test sitting in the box under our bathroom counter.
One day Wild Man had just got home from work and we were all at the table eating dinner. I wasn’t even a day late for my period yet but I had been thinking about it all day. Somehow I just felt pregnant even though it made no sense. There was only one way to confirm my suspicion, though. I decided the next morning I would take a test because rumor has it, you get the clearest results when you take pregnancy tests in the morning.
Never mind. The longer we sat at dinner the more impatient I got. I knew I was pregnant and I just needed that little stick to tell me I wasn’t crazy. I got up from the dinner table and just said I needed to use the restroom but didn’t explain what I was doing. When you take a pregnancy test you’re typically instructed to lay the test on the counter for 2 minutes (or so) and check back on it. But I wasn’t about to wait 2 minutes. As soon as the test began I sat and watched it. I watched the test go from blank to…positive. I was right. I was pregnant.
I said a quick prayer of thanks, had my moment, cleaned up then ran out to our kitchen and stood right next to Wild Man and said, “Want to see something cool?” Then I handed him the test. (my cute, creative announcements are back at it!) We were both so excited! We told H he was going to be a big brother then Wild Man talked to my stomach for a minute. The rest of the day was just full of that pure elation you feel after seeing that positive sign – and to be honest we’ve been riding that high since and now we are this close to meeting this sweet baby!!
This is just for me to remember.. We were almost 4 weeks when I found out..
Five years ago today in the Mount Timpanogos Temple I was married, sealed for time and all eternity to my sweet, selfless husband. Five years has flown by and I really feel like I’ve known this great man for my whole life. Its hard to think of a time when he wasn’t in the picture. We dated a year (our first date was Nov. 4) before getting married and I can truly say that these six years of knowing Wild Man have been the best of my life. Of course the first few years are a lot of learning about each other and figuring out how to make two people one functional couple, but even the harder times were great times.
Often times Wild Man will say, “we make a good team!” or, “we’re the greatest team ever assembled.” A lot of times when I hear that I just laugh and smile, but when I sit here and really think about those two phrases, he’s right! We are not perfect, but we really are a good team and we work hard at our marriage and in our family and I think that work shows off and pays off.
Wild Man is my rock and my sanity. He’s my best friend, my closest ally and my confidant. He’s my cheerleader, my biggest supporter, he’s my fellow dreamer and the person who can perk me up the fastest. I’m eternally grateful that he is eternally mine.
Happy fifth anniversary, Wild Man! Every day I am grateful for you and for the love you have for me.
I’ve said this many times before, but this pregnancy I haven’t felt as sick as I did with my first pregnancy, but my body has hurt so, so much more. This has made nighttime rather difficult for me – and also for Wild Man. I toss and turn all night. I can’t lay on my back or my heartburn flares up really bad and I can’t stay on my right or left side very long without my body just aching and hurting and locking up – and I can’t lay on my stomach for obvious reasons. So I’m rolling from my left side to my right side all night. But lately I can’t roll very easily and I made a lot of noise, bounce around and sound like some kind of animal in distress.
Wild Man is way too humble and doesn’t want me to share all the reasons why he is so busy. But if you know him then you know. He works his butt off all day long for our family and not to mention he wakes up disgustingly early. But this sweet man still wakes up with me nearly every time I roll from side to side to help me get into my new position a little more comfortably. Its probably impossible to stay asleep while I wallow around, really, but the fact is he doesn’t have to sit up and help me but he still does it because thats what a sweet, good person he is. I feel bad because he goes to bed late and wakes up early and doesn’t rest throughout the day, but he’s never once complained or made it sound like a hardship for him.
He makes his hormonal, emotional, uncomfortable wife a very, very happy lady and I hope he knows just how grateful she is for him.
…and this picture has nothing to do with the post, but look what a good dad he is, too. Taking H on a ride on ‘Space Mountain’ 😉
Five years ago today Wild Man asked me to marry him. I wrote about how he popped the question last year which you can read here if you’re interested. I don’t know if its weird to really celebrate the day that you got engaged, but I like to. Its not like we have a full on celebration – heck we hardly do anything special for our wedding anniversaries, typically, but I still like to talk about it. Because saying yes to marrying someone and agreeing to being sealed to them for time and ALL eternity (if you’re LDS) is a really big, life changing deal!
I have always been a hopeless romanic. I’m actually a little embarrassed about it because I was so pathetically in love with the ideal of being in love and in a forever love that people were probably so annoyed with me. The hopeless romantic stuff has changed since getting married because its no longer something I am wishing for and dreaming about – I’m living it! But as dorky and cliche as it sounds, I never could have imagined a marriage like the one I have. It really is so good. Better than I could have ever written about when I would write imaginary blog/journal posts about my imaginary marriage (heck yes i was that girl).
Wild Man and I have built a really solid marriage. We are coming up on 5 years of marriage now and 6 years of knowing each other and I’m actually really proud of us. We have a really good thing going and I feel like its only going up, even when there are rocky days and hard times. Every week we try and assess our life, our communication, our mental health and wellbeing and it immensely helps us grow as a partnership. We are able to resolve disagreements quickly, I feel like we genuinely are good at hearing the other person out and respecting the others opinions and compromising. We have an amazing, happy relationship and in result we have an amazing, happy marriage.
*of course it is not perfect – i’m not trying to imply that – we are far from perfect, i’m just focusing on the good stuff right now because anniversary!*
We have one sweet, sweet son who is 20 months old and our greatest accomplishment and biggest source of joy. He has brought us even closer together. He’s challenged us in ways nothing else could have and its helped us strengthen our marriage. I am pregnant with our second child and I know that this little boy will do the same thing for our marriage and teach us things as a couple that only he could do. I’m excited to face it all head-on with Wild Man.
I’m so grateful for Wild Man. I honestly wouldn’t be who I am if I didn’t know him and have his constant example and support in my life. I’m thankful that he took a chance on his weird stalker (haha because thats basically what i was – seriously!) and that he liked me enough to put a ring on my finger! He’s an amazing man with a heart of gold and the biggest most selfless, caring person I know. I’m the luckiest girl in the world to be married to him.
Happy Engaged-iversary, Wild Man! I love you to infinity and beyond.
June was so good to me. It was busy and a little overwhelming and stressful, but what month isn’t?
- We found out this baby is a BOY! I always said I was fine with a boy or girl, but after we saw that he was a boy I felt so relieved I guess? I think I secretly hoped it was a boy. A brother for H sounds so exciting and fun and I really can’t wait to watch these two grow up together.
- Wild Man had his birthday and we had his annual big pool party at my parents which was a blast. The weather was great, the company was lovely and I always love when people celebrate Wild Man because he really is one of the best, most selfless, friendly people that deserves love and attention.
- We got a puppy! She’s a black lab that is keeping us busy and also driving us a little bit crazy, but we have high hopes for her and are excited that we finally got our family pet!
- H has his molars and it has opened up a whole new world for us. I trust him so much more with food that scared me to give him a month ago and he is loving not having to chew with his front teeth anymore.
- We started up Mom and Baby Swim Parties again for the summer! This is where a bunch of my friends and their babies come to my parents pool. We swim, eat snacks. socialize (and in last weeks case get crazy sunburned) and its really fun and something I really look forward to. The kids have fun but I think its especially great for the moms.
- I’ve been feeling quite a bit more healthy this month! I’m still sick and throwing up, but I feel like its a lot more manageable and I’ve got some more of my energy back so I’m acting a little more human and its incredible.
- H has figured out the beauty of sleeping in. I’m not sure if I’ve ever been more proud of my boy.
- My grandparents from Idaho came down for a quick visit and we had a little reunion/surprise birthday party for my grandpa at my parents pool and it was so much fun. It lasted all day and every second was so enjoyable.
- H got his first haircut. If it even counts as a haircut. He just had a few spots that grow a lot quicker than other spots, but it made such a big difference and he was SO good during the process!
- H had his first wake-up-covered-in-his-own-poop experience. I’ll spare you details. Just know it was gross and I’d really be ok if we wait a long time before that happens again.
- We got a puppy! I mean, its not bad that we got a puppy but its just…hard. She bites everything all. the. time. And her favorite thing to bite is H – NOT ok! She’s actually caught on to potty training, sleeping in her crate and doesn’t bark very often so thats really nice. But ohhhhhhh the biting. Also sometimes I wonder why I thought it’d be so easy to take on a one year old, a puppy and be pregnant.
- My sciatic pain and hip and back pain have suddenly gone from bad to worse. I hobble like a little old lady and the shooting pain that I get is so terrible. I went to the chiropractor and thankfully had a few days of sweet relief. I can’t wait to go back.
ON MY BRAIN
- I am so glad that I have clients that come to my spa that recognize that I’m a mom and a sick pregnant lady so when I have to reschedule they are so understanding and patient with me. I try not to do it often, but when I do I’ve been met with kindness 99.9% of the time and I’m so thankful for this. People are good.
- I recently found a girl I kind of knew growing up on social media and started following her and then had to stop very soon after. She was so awful and it made me sad. Nearly everything on her social media pages were her bashing on women for their success, claiming they didn’t do anything to deserve it, dragging them down because of their looks and stuff like that. I don’t actually want to get it on it because it kind of infuriates me but it just made me sad! I so wish people could just be happy for other people! Can you even imagine how much kinder the world would be if we were happy for people and their success? If someone is doing what makes them happy we should respect that and be happy for them – not tear them down.
- A few days ago H had my phone and someone sent my Relief Society President the emoji of a hand flipping the bird. Luckily she thought it was a pointer finger – but I can’t quit thinking about how awkward that was.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout has still not been ridden by me in California Adventure and this is a tragedy. I think about this multiple times a day.
- What did I wear last time I was pregnant because I hate everything I put on my body right now. I need a new wardrobe, stat. If you have great maternity clothing suggestions PLEASE send them my way.
- I’m getting a Prenatal Massage soon and all I’m saying is it better live up to my high expectations I have for it. I have been dreaming of this since the day I found out I was pregnant. So no pressure to whoever my massage therapist is.
Yesterday was my darling husbands birthday! It was such a fun day and was surprisingly relaxing and rejuvenating. Wild Man is truly the greatest man ever. I have never met a more selfless, helpful person. Without fail he is always putting others and their happiness first. He is the first to offer assistance and he genuinely loves helping people and easing their burdens and lightening loads in any way he can – and it makes me so proud of him. He’s incredible. He makes me laugh harder than anyone else can and the happiness he makes me feel is amazing. He reminds me every day that I am special, valued and worth something. He is a phenomenal husband. So many women talk about how their husbands aren’t helpful around the house, how they’re lazy and whatever…but I always feel so lucky because Wild Man really isn’t that way. Especially as I have been sick with this pregnancy, he has been amazing in taking over some housework that I’ve neglected. He does laundry, dishes and knows where everything goes in the house. I don’t know what I did to get such a handy, helpful guy but boy am I lucky! And I can’t go without saying how much I love that he’s fully embraced my Disney lifestyle and has even taken it upon himself and he really does love love love Disney now too! I married an amazing man and I’m so glad that yesterday was a day to celebrate him, his birth and his wonderful existence in the world.
For his birthday we have always had a pool party at my parents pool with his family, my family and close friends. Its one of the things I look forward to the most every year. Last nights pool party was another success!
Two years ago when we announced H’s gender, we did it at Wild Man’s pool party and pulled a boy swimming suit out of a gift bag. So we decided to do the exact same reveal this year since it was ironically working out the very same with timing and everything. Its always so exciting to tell friends and family what our baby is! It makes things feel a lot more real somehow.
ITS A BOY!!!!!!
We are THRILLED to have a little brother in a few more months! I cannot wait to see H and this little guy grow up as best friends. As soon as our ultrasound reveled that he was a boy my heart nearly burst with excitement for us, but especially for H. Oh I love my boys!