A few weeks ago my sister-in-law/BFF asked me where she should make sure her sweet little daughter had her pictures taken on their trip to Disneyland. I had a few quick answers for her, but then this really got me thinking. There are SO many good places for a photo op in DLR and I love like…all of them. Especially character pictures, but I’m leaving those out of this particular post. But maybe you don’t want to spend your whole day scouting the perfect picture area, you know? So I’ve made a small list of my top 10 places in both Disneyland and California Adventure to make sure you get your picture taken.
10. In Front of the Balloons. You know the balloons. The ones being sold all over Disneyland? I love pictures with those behind you. You can also ask the Cast Member holding the balloons if you can hold them for a picture (you won’t be able to hold it all alone, the CM will still be holding them, just off camera). My personal favorite kind of balloon picture is one of a little one being held up in front of them so all you see are the balloons, the sky and your little one being hoisted up in dads arms. So cute.
9. The Teacup or Dumbo. Outside of these rides, they have a stationary teacup/Dumbo to sit in and take a few pictures in. You can’t miss out on these.
8. The Matterhorn. Theres just something extra Disney about this spot. Plus its a really cool area.
7. Main Street. I love Main Street. There is something extra magical about it, therefore the photo opportunities there are wonderful.
6. In front of the Partners statue. Thats the statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse holding hands in the Hub at Disneyland (just a ways in front of the castle). Its iconic. Its beautiful. I love seeing people copy the post of Walt and Mickey, especially.
5. On King Arthurs Carousel. This is one of the most Disney-esque pictures I could ever suggest. Some of my favorite pictures of my boys are ones of them on a horse, enjoying the carousel.
4. Snow Whites Wishing Well. Oh I love this area (just to the right of Sleeping Beauty Castle). Its quiet and hidden away and its magical and whimsical and the picture opportunities there are lovely.
3. In Front of the Train Station. You know, like right when you walk in after getting your ticket/pass scanned. Everyone takes there picture there, and for good reason!
2. The Pink Door by Alice in Wonderland. This is in Fantasyland. Its a tiny little door near Alice in Wonderland and Teacups. Its adorable and makes for fun pictures. Its especially fun if you can put your little ones in front of it!
- In Front of the Castle. Obviously this is my #1, because you just can’t go wrong with a castle picture. Want to mix your castle picture up? Don’t take it right in front of the castle. Move to the side. Take it from behind the castle, in Fantasyland! Go stand at the beginning of Main Street! There are so many ways to customize this picture to make it your own. Also, if you want something super cute – my very favorite castle pictures are little babies/toddlers sitting by themselves in front of the castle. Obviously you have to wait until there isn’t a crowd thats not paying attention that may trample your tiny precious cargo, but once you get that clear spot, go for it – because this will be one of the best Disney pictures you’ve ever taken.
10. At Carthay Circle. Its a big, interesting backdrop to have, and depending on what season/celebration you’re there for, its typically decorated really well!
9. Anywhere around Soarin’. There is an airplane thats a great photo op, the building itself is pretty neat and there is beautiful scenery around it – all of which will give you a lovely picture.
8. The Walt Disney statue on Buena Vista Street. Another classic, much like the Partners Statue in Disneyland. Its supposed to be Walt as he would have been when he first arrived in California.
7. Grizzly Peak/the Surrounding Area. There are cool waterfalls, pretty rock formations and nice scenery/nature spots. You can’t miss these ones.
6. In Front of Monsters Inc. All the doors and bright colors – love. This is one of my very favorite places for a picture. Its just so cute and bright and happy.
5. The End of Hollywood Land. There is a big poster type wall – does that makes sense? Its a fun, iconic spot.
4. With the Red Trolley Car. You’ll see it. It drives around California Adventure all throughout the day and is an adorable spot for pictures.
3. In Front of Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! Its just an iconic one and the exterior of that ride (well, the whole entire ride, actually) is amazing)!
2. In Front of Pixar Pier. There are a number of spots you can stand to get an amazing Pixar Pier shot and I recommend all of them. I think my favorite is either on the bridge on your way to Pixar Pier or in the World of Color viewing area.
1. Anywhere in Cars Land. You can’t pick a bad spot here. The theming in Cars Land, as I and so many others say all the time, is incredible. You truly feel like you are in the movie when you’re here. So seriously, every single spot is a great place for a snapshot.